• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Kick Off: 6.00PM

scottus86

It's strange that people are calling for Matt Taylor's head. We've played some really exciting football under him, this season especially so. He has blooded a lot of youth too, and we have the basis of a good starting 11. Our two most influential and creative wingers are injured, it's no surprise that that will cause a slump.

We had some absolutely dire years under Tisdale and most of the same people would defend him.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
There’s very little difference between them which is why MT can’t really make up his mind which one to go with..going forward I’d keep Ward as an understudy and try and find someone with more experience in the 30/31 age bracket.

Colesman Ballz

It can‘t be a surprise surely that there is a reluctance to give Matt more funds given his track record to date, , Ajose and McCardle for Martin for instance. After more than 60 years supporting City I desperately want our Manager and team to succeed but mid table league 2 is where I started and don’t want to end. It feels like it’s time for a change that brings more urgency and expectation.
And how do you work that one out ? Our manager has been given funds to recruit in the window, and has so far made one signing. Do you suggest that he can just pop down to Debenhams and pick up a couple of star players in their liquidation sale ? 😎

Grecian Max

You decided to bring me into this so where's your evidence, should be easy to find.

..and stop pm ing me, I fear my inbox is getting soiled.;)
"Anybody hear Ian Jubb as co match commentator? Lovely bloke but fairly rubbish in his summerising and yet his commentaries go largely without comment. Can't help feeling there's a bit of gender politics here when referring to what to me was an astute and informative co commentary by a "female"."

Is essentially saying sexism

and discuss (fyi search > "female" > sturtz, 20 seconds max)

Rosencrantz

I'll be interested to see who has the better career in football, Ward or Andresson.
Very possibly Andresson as he has a lot of potential and time on his side.

Our situation though is living under the circumstances we are in. Ward for me is a very good keeper and can play higher, he is still young for a keeper. Maxted is decent back up but for me, I prefer Ward. They are both under contract and fit. We need another CB and CF before we start to look at GK. And we need to stay within the cap and budget.

raleighnc

It's strange that people are calling for Matt Taylor's head. We've played some really exciting football under him, this season especially so. He has blooded a lot of youth too, and we have the basis of a good starting 11. Our two most influential and creative wingers are injured, it's no surprise that that will cause a slump.

We had some absolutely dire years under Tisdale and most of the same people would defend him.
Believe me I really would love to see a true nice guy and City legend succeed. Tonight’s performance was however completely unacceptable and must be seen as a reflection of Matt’s preparation and expectation of the squad. He must therefore be held accountable for an embarrassingly poor performance on the night,as well as v Barrow and Harrogate. Morecambe could scarcely have believed their luck tonight. What to do? I think it needs to be spelt out very clearly to Matt that auto promotion is and always was the expectation this year. Failure must lead to a new face in charge, preferably before it’s too late.

andrew p long

I pm'd you to keep it off of here, why mention it on here, very odd.
because you started it, with the accusation against Sturtz and specifically named him. So you want to be able to openly criticise anyone you like, but when they answer back you want it off the thread?

Grecian Max

Calling for his head is a bit much, however we are drifting, yet again.

Can't work out if we've become Arsenal and it's a club mentality of being too soft.

If we miss out on autos, it disappointing, miss out on play offs and there should be pressure on him IMO going into his 4th season. I don't expect pressure from the board though.

raleighnc

And how do you work that one out ? Our manager has been given funds to recruit in the window, and has so far made one signing. Do you suggest that he can just pop down to Debenhams and pick up a couple of star players in their liquidation sale ? 😎
One injured signing to be precise, Debenhams probably not the best bet but there’s plenty out there if you’re clear about what you want

GJW

Calling for his head is a bit much, however we are drifting, yet again.

Can't work out if we've become Arsenal and it's a club mentality of being too soft.

If we miss out on autos, it disappointing, miss out on play offs and there should be pressure on him IMO going into his 4th season. I don't expect pressure from the board though.
Arsenal winning 3-1 at the moment and climbing the table. Hope we have become Arsenal.