• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2020/21

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Including one of the rare times the away team were given the big bank.
Yes..Around 6,000 on the BB that day,which incidentally was the last time there was a 10,000 crowd for a Football League game at SJP.

Grecian2K

Well, one thing's for sure.
It's certainly a more enticing draw than - say - Huddersfield away. :ROFLMAO:

Pete Martin (CTID)

One of my favourite ever games at SJP. Wednesday were fourth in the top flight at the time. 1-1 at half time. Bullock scored the third iirc, good centre forward. Great atmosphere, as they brought their first team and the ground held a lot more in those days.
Scorers were Curtis, Bullock and Johnny Corr. The attendance was just shy of 16,000.

IndoMike

IIRC Bullock hit a thunderbolt.

burtiew

Probably the game that got me addicted, I was an eleven year old being passed over the heads of a packed cowshed, what a night!
Me too. I was also eleven, that and the Man Utd match showed me that my home team were something special. They still are! So ... Ollie in round 4?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like it's a 3pm kick off on the Saturday. Excellent news

Andy_H

fixtures exclusively delivered to homes by Deliveroo via The FA Player.

So it comes courtesy of some young lad on his bike with the game 'hot[ish] off ' the servery, Hmmm, that's different!

Nigel E

Hmm, not sure.

Our match will be one of these:

"BBC and BT Sport’s 16 secondary match selections – which will be made available across a combination of digital platforms and linear red button services – and the eight additional matches on The FA Player will be announced in due course".

Suspect they will be spread out over the Saturday and Sunday. I've just had a look at last season's 3rd round and about a dozen matches were played on the Sunday.

Arthur Davey

Yes..Around 6,000 on the BB that day,which incidentally was the last time there was a 10,000 crowd for a Football League game at SJP.
Yep, I remember going to that one; didn't realise it was our last 10,000 crowd.

Oldsmobile-88

Yep, I remember going to that one; didn't realise it was our last 10,000 crowd.
The 2nd of two 10,000 FL crowds that season.
On NYD there was a 10,000 crowd for the visit of Argyle.

There were only a few 10,000 plus crowds for FL games in the 1970s at SJP.Against Torquay(1972/73 Southport(1972/73) & Aldershot(1977)