• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Southend United V Exeter City FC Matchday thread - 10 / 10 / 2020

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Knew he was going to have a potshot.You could see with the way he was shaping up.😀

A draw.Should have beat them,but you take every point.

Fisher scored in 20 minutes of football compared to how many from Bowman?And he was playing very deep for some of that match.Its come to the point where the first choice forward line should be redrawn.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBH if we can't pee all over Southend something is wrong !!
They played very well today especially in defence. Did all the stuff we didn't do at the back, not allowing space and giving good attention to our more dangerous players.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To paraphrase an ancient cliche.

Give a team a Fish...and he might feed you for a few brief moments

But give a man a Bow....
....and he'll still be first choice all the time to aim his mis-directed arrows and feed nobody.

crocks

I thought Collins was City MoM.... Its all about opinions innit!!

CraigECFC

Not a great point but seeing Fisher bend one in with his left foot in the 95th minute definitely cheered me up.

Good performance, shame about the lack of clear cut chances created and the stupid foul for the penalty.

ecfc2000

Well for me, Fisher has just cemented his place ahead of Bowman
I'd be disappointed if my grandmother wasn't picked ahead of bowman, and she died in June.

budegrecian

Absolute peach... took it calmly outside area and curled into far post.
Walk to kick off... kick off. and whistle for end of game.
Sweet
& with his 'wrong' foot too!
Sweet indeed.

budegrecian

Just 2 points off of 2nd, so no damage done, at this early stage of the season, but we've got to keep clean sheets, especially v a side like this.

dontpassback

Well done,not a great showing but showed enough to bounce back,we may not be so fortunate in future,but I’ll take a point today

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Got out of jail at the end there. Poor and needless penalty to give away to give them the advantage. We built up some good pressure but just not quite clinical enough.

It wasn’t looking like it was going to happen near the end once Randall just failed to find Williams on the edge of the box, but credit to Fisher, it was a great finish. Must have been a sucker punch although ball was out of play for a section of the added minutes. The sort of thing which happens when you badly need a win.

Still think we should have won , and I would have put on ajose, but well done city for keeping going. One point is better than nothing. Hopefully we can get three at Walsall next time.