• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carabao Cup 20/21 (League Cup)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The first round matches are due to be played on Saturday 5th September. This is however also an international fixtures weekend (seriously) so may get changed.

Full set of dates

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Draw taking place on 18 August with the first four rounds on connectivity weeks during September, should help build a bit of momentum in the competition 👍🏻

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So the draw is regionalised but not seeded. With no crowds being let in I'm not sure whether there is an advantage to being home. Draw at 10am tomorrow. Probably useful to avoid a team with international players so that the game takes place on Saturday 5th September.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the draw is regionalised but not seeded. With no crowds being let in I'm not sure whether there is an advantage to being home. Draw at 10am tomorrow. Probably useful to avoid a team with international players so that the game takes place on Saturday 5th September.
With lots of miles to travel this season the players will probably appreciate a home game but no doubt we will end up with Colchester away.

Corey

With lots of miles to travel this season the players will probably appreciate a home game but no doubt we will end up with Colchester away.
Do feel sorry for Ipswich who for two years in a row have had to come to us for supposedly regionalised fixtures

Red Devon

City are ball 13 😬

Oldsmobile-88

It all feels a bit surreal the upcoming League Cup draw.
Supporters not being able to be physically at the games adds to the unreal atmosphere surrounding the occasion.

Red Devon

It all feels a bit surreal the upcoming League Cup draw.
Supporters not being able to be physically at the games adds to the unreal atmosphere surrounding the occasion.
Nothing feels the same and I don’t believe it will until we have a vaccine. I see there was even doubts being raised over the weekend about the Olympic Games going ahead next year.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do feel sorry for Ipswich who for two years in a row have had to come to us for supposedly regionalised fixtures
It's further to Exeter than to Glasgow from Ipswich*.

*According to Paul "smiley miley" Lambert.

GJW

City are ball 13 😬
My lucky number. Just hope we don’t get ball 11.