• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Reactions: DB9

Legohead

Banned
Sorry you feel that way, the shirt will be revealed properly in the next couple of weeks, it's been quite a challenge to sort as I'm sure you can imagine and the players will be back so surely its better that we have a proper launch with actual photos of the player in the Kit rather than just a computer generated image?
What benefit is it to the club if players are modelling the shirt though? It's still just a shirt. All fans want to do is see it (regardless of it's being worn by a player or not), they want to know when they can buy it and that's it. Why does it have to be this long drawn out process. It's just a football shirt.

I do appreciate that is has been a challenge but maybe a more simpler approach was needed this time around?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry you feel that way, the shirt will be revealed properly in the next couple of weeks, it's been quite a challenge to sort as I'm sure you can imagine and the players will be back so surely its better that we have a proper launch with actual photos of the player in the Kit rather than just a computer generated image?
Scott, Genuine question. Do you think it would have been nice to have the new shirt and sponsor on the advert for the new seasons season ticket? Not a moan but I just think that it would show more forward thinking rather than the old shirt and sponsor.

Red Devon

Did we have 4 shirts last season then as the purple was worn on several occasions wasn’t it.

Scott_Palfrey

Scott, Genuine question. Do you think it would have been nice to have the new shirt and sponsor on the advert for the new seasons season ticket? Not a moan but I just think that it would show more forward thinking rather than the old shirt and sponsor.
Yeah it would have looking back, but we didn't have the shirt to be able to take the photos for it, all a learning curve and the covid situation didn't help with them arriving any earlier, just glad they will be here soon and can be revealed and go on sale!

Another reason that we want to get shots of the players in them, so they can then be used and we won't be rely on shots with Flybe on them

Scott_Palfrey

What benefit is it to the club if players are modelling the shirt though? It's still just a shirt. All fans want to do is see it (regardless of it's being worn by a player or not), they want to know when they can buy it and that's it. Why does it have to be this long drawn out process. It's just a football shirt.

I do appreciate that is has been a challenge but maybe a more simpler approach was needed this time around?
Because we only have a library of shots of players in Flybe kits, and nothing of the new kit, they will be arriving soon and the shoot/video will take place as soon as we can. We also prefer to do things properly not just shove out a generated image of a shirt that doesn't represent the final product.

I'm hoping that this time around you can understand how it's been impacted by Covid-19, the plan was to release a lot sooner but that simply hasn't been possible this time around, your feedback is something that can be looked at next time round though, so thank you!

DB9

Yeah it would have looking back, but we didn't have the shirt to be able to take the photos for it, all a learning curve and the covid situation didn't help with them arriving any earlier, just glad they will be here soon and can be revealed and go on sale!

Another reason that we want to get shots of the players in them, so they can then be used and we won't be rely on shots with Flybe on them
Totally understand that Scott, For me its still a painful reminder of the play off final, Once the new shirt is launched with the new sponsor on it a new dawn and season (y)

Scott_Palfrey

Totally understand that Scott, For me its still a painful reminder of the play off final, Once the new shirt is launched with the new sponsor on it a new dawn and season (y)
Absolutely, if the world hadn't gone mad it would have been all sorted a long time ago! Club has been working as hard as it can behind the scenes with the even more limited resources so we won't get everything right straight away!

benjisheps

Absolutely, if the world hadn't gone mad it would have been all sorted a long time ago! Club has been working as hard as it can behind the scenes with the even more limited resources so we won't get everything right straight away!
Thanks for all your hard work Scott and indeed everyone at the club during what has been an extremely difficult time for everyone!
Out of interest, when do the players actually start pre-season?

Thanks again

Scott_Palfrey

Thanks for all your hard work Scott and indeed everyone at the club during what has been an extremely difficult time for everyone!
Out of interest, when do the players actually start pre-season?

Thanks again
I've been off for two weeks until this coming Monday so not sure! I know Simon is doing a long interview with MT tomorrow so should be answered then, but at a guess I'd say this coming Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.