• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for Cowley bye-byes

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that the dynamic duo have had the old heave-ho from Huddersfield then.

Legohead

Banned
Ridiculous decision. Huddersfield were in freefall and their remit was staying in the division. He went into a difficult job and one with more pressure and scrutiny than previously at Lincoln. For all the antics his teams show on the pitch he's a good manager and will get another similar job very soon. I must admit I was surprised he left Lincoln for Huddersfield but all Huddersfield will do now is probably go for a nobody foreign manager who will probably get the boot after 3 months.

DB9

All the good work at Lincoln could be undone by this on their CV's. For Huddersfield its a strange one, With still 3 years of parachute payments left perhaps they don't trust his idea of the type of players he'd want to sign or a breakdown in the Owner/Manager relationship?

Chairman's statement, Read what you want into it:

In a statement, Huddersfield chairman Phil Hodgkinson said: "I would like to place my thanks on record to Danny and Nicky for their hard work and dedication towards securing the club’s place in the Championship for next season. That was the clear priority when they were appointed in September and we are very grateful that has been achieved.

"We all wish Danny and Nicky all the best for the future and they leave with my best wishes in their future endeavours.

"However, we have made this decision in the belief that, in the long term, it is in the best interests of the club as we move forward.

"We have a different vision for the way we operate the club, and how our ambitions can be achieved."

dontpassback

Different vision,different style of play,who knows ? But I don’t think it will be long before the cowleys rock up somewhere else

Rosencrantz

All the good work at Lincoln could be undone by this on their CV's. For Huddersfield its a strange one, With still 3 years of parachute payments left perhaps they don't trust his idea of the type of players he'd want to sign or a breakdown in the Owner/Manager relationship?

Chairman's statement, Read what you want into it:

In a statement, Huddersfield chairman Phil Hodgkinson said: "I would like to place my thanks on record to Danny and Nicky for their hard work and dedication towards securing the club’s place in the Championship for next season. That was the clear priority when they were appointed in September and we are very grateful that has been achieved.

"We all wish Danny and Nicky all the best for the future and they leave with my best wishes in their future endeavours.

"However, we have made this decision in the belief that, in the long term, it is in the best interests of the club as we move forward.

"We have a different vision for the way we operate the club, and how our ambitions can be achieved."
I doubt that will impact much on their CV's, after all they have achieved the objective. Like them or not they will be back with another club pretty quickly I would think although with the realisation, if they didn't already have it, that there are very brutal owners out there.

DB9

"Rosencrantz, post: 1897206, member: 14838"] if they didn't already have it, that there are very brutal owners out there.
91 brutal owners (With 92 in the league) 1 owner who gives managers time (y)

Legohead

Banned
This is the Championship for ya Danny! If you want to move up from the relative managerial safety of the lower leagues and join the sharks then this is the risk. The issue for Danny is that the next job he takes if it is in the Championship will be crucial because two quick sackings in the Championship and he'll end up back in league 1 and back on the downward spiral.

Oldsmobile-88

Different vision,different style of play,who knows ? But I don’t think it will be long before the cowleys rock up somewhere else
Odd.The Huddersfield Chairman/Owner knew what he was getting when he appointed the duo.
He would have also had to pay a fare wedge in compensation to Lincoln.Not that that would worry Huddersfield too much with the daft amount of Parachute payments still due from the PL for the next 2 seasons.

Oldsmobile-88

91 brutal owners (With 92 in the league) 1 owner who gives managers time (y)
Fans moan when managers move on their terms,not understanding most owners will replace them in the blink of a eye.They are just a commodity.

Colesman Ballz

Bit similar to Tis in a way, hired to get them out of league two, job achieved followed swiftly by a P45 before you have chance to say Ted Baker ! 🕵️‍♂️

Reactions: DB9