• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have not been able to watch as working. Definitely approve of old style test batting. (y)

I once opened for the school in a ten over game and was 8 not out as we posted 18-2 so this is very much my idea of red ball cricket. :)
The only cricket I ever got to play at school was for Whipton Barton Middle School in a national competition where you took turns batting as a partnership for two overs. Any wicket lost cost you five runs.

Our first game was at some school in Crediton and they were four runs ahead with one ball to go. In pouring rain we had a big LBW shout given by er, our teacher! It did look out, promise.

We won two more games in an easier fashion before losing to a school from Somerset who turned up in uniform whites and somewhat scoffed at our ragged arse rovers outfit 😄

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stokes has almost caught Tava.., I mean Sibley 😉. Old fashioned batting Ali, you must be pleased. Boycott will be, for a bit anyway.
Boycs was dropped from the team for slow scoring on one occasion. As was Ken Barrington.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have not been able to watch as working. Definitely approve of old style test batting. (y)

I once opened for the school in a ten over game and was 8 not out as we posted 18-2 so this is very much my idea of red ball cricket. :)
Mine as well. Always guaranteed to swell the bar takings when I was batting. Lots of people used to bring a book! :)

Rosencrantz

Boycs was dropped from the team for slow scoring on one occasion. As was Ken Barrington.
I forget which bowler it was, and I'm not looking it up now in one of Simon Hughes books, but as Boycott left another ball outside off stump and had a few words back and forth, the bowler turned away and grunted "well he'll never die of a stroke".

Alistair20000

Sibley goes just as we are upping the tempo.

Signs that the spinners may profit from this pitch.

IndoMike

If Stokes gets past 200 there will be fireworks from him. Eventually caught at boundary, I suspect.
One man team

Alistair20000

469/9 declared

Would have liked 500 but if we can nip a couple of the WI batters out tonight that would do nicely.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wicket for Sam Curran.

Alistair20000

Wicket for Sam Curran.
One for our peas shooters

Rosencrantz

Is anyone aware of this happening in South Africa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53307736

**Ali, you might want to pour a stiff drink and sit down before reading 😉