• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand Hartridge is a very decent young player but ultimately he hasn’t been close to first team football this season, what makes you think he’s ready now Deano has had a bad game?

To me that comment is whilst acting on emotion as to be fair Moxey has been very solid all season when played hence why MT plays him there and gave him vice captaincy.
No it's not. As part of a back three Deano has been reasonable, there are games where he has been good, used his experience etc and then there have been games where he has been a car crash waiting to happen, charging like he's 20 again but when that's in the body of somebody in their mid 30s it ain't going to happen. When he's played full back, he has been found out time again. His body can't keep cashing out.
Hartridge was sent out on loan to Bath for the season to get him ready to step up. He will do well if what I saw last season was anything to go by.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Hartridge will need to do better than he did away against northampton last season (18-19). He got bullied throughout and was taken off, looked out of his depth. But 18 months is a long time in a young player’s development and I wish him well.

milts

Hartridge will need to do better than he did away against northampton last season (18-19). He got bullied throughout and was taken off, looked out of his depth. But 18 months is a long time in a young player’s development and I wish him well.
Our more experienced defenders didn’t do much better last night!!

fred binneys head

Correct. That’s why we need to replace them with players who are better, not the same 👍

milts

If A Martin leaves I think we’ll need to sign a centre back definitely. Hartridge can replace Deano who has been average at best this season.

Grecianpasty

Hartridge will play more games next year, there's no doubting that. He's the only young defender coming through with a bit of height, well suited for this league. I know Will Dean has always been highly thought of, but get the impression that his build is better suited to midfield ( J Tilson-esque). Dunno how tall he is so correct me if I'm wrong.

Rosencrantz

Hartridge will play more games next year, there's no doubting that. He's the only young defender coming through with a bit of height, well suited for this league. I know Will Dean has always been highly thought of, but get the impression that his build is better suited to midfield ( J Tilson-esque). Dunno how tall he is so correct me if I'm wrong.
Will has played in midfield for Truro this season and is probably about 5'10/5'11. Jordan Dyer is a bit taller and a good prospect at centre back and the same age as Will. We definitely need to sign a centre back, maybe two if Aaron goes as well and we continue with a three.

Grecianpasty

Will has played in midfield for Truro this season and is probably about 5'10/5'11. Jordan Dyer is a bit taller and a good prospect at centre back and the same age as Will. We definitely need to sign a centre back, maybe two if Aaron goes as well and we continue with a three.
Yes I remember Jordan dyer playing well against Portsmouth. I'd imagine that both players will find themsleves around the squad next season. JMT has been a topic of discussion recently. I could see him signing on a short term contract if he was willing to relocate back down to Devon. Injuries aside, I would take a risk on a short term deal if he was willing to accept 50% of what he was on at MK

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get the impression that Tom Parkes will be the main man in the centre of defence next season. Physicality and character is what MT kept saying and Parkes has that and more.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think A. Martin has generally been better this season, but still would like to see a lot more from him. Maybe alongside a better CB he would look better....

Assuming we are selling Williams this is where we stand in my view today:

----------------------Maxted/Ward------------------
RB --- Martin/Hartridge? --- Parkes/CB --- Sparkes?/LB
RW ----- Law/CM --- Collins/Atangana? ---- LW
--------------------------Jay---------------------------
---------- Bowman/CF ------ CF/CF -----------------

By my reckoning thats about 10 more people to have a 20 man squad, 5 of which need to be first choice starters. That's a HUGE change from where we stand today and doesnt take into account the people under contract who will never play for us (e.g. Ajose.)
Just a thought if Ajose had a near to career ending injury could he not go down the same route as Jonathan Forte did and cash in on his insurance.