• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well they didn't play with confidence and they didn't give their all. So much for praying
Hope they got beans on toast too.

ryancooper327

Reckon the team vs. Pompey would have performed better if played last night.

OmanGrecian

Having a good night's sleep doesn't cure the disappointment of last night. I still can't believe just how bad the team were and how we could not compete anywhere on the pitch. Feel angry and let down.

Steve H

We were allowed five subs and to not use any at HT when 2-0 down in a cup final has to be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen from a City manager.....

Anyway onwards to next season and I hope Taylor learns from this

Fareham Grecian

I dont care if I never see you again! Total f*ck*g clown!!
Put him on ignore, you will enjoy exeweb much more. On the downside, I spent most of yesterday wondering why there was no MDT; he started it and therefore the whole thread was hidden!! Had to unignore him to see the MDT, but he’s going back on ignore this morning.

ryancooper327

6 subs allowed inc extra time. Half time could have changed completely and brought Sparkes, Collins and Jay on and still have 2/3 left. Nigel looked like he was struggling yesterday and signalled to come off. He would have been better coming on later for an attacker.

Dannyred

I would like to hear the trust chairman speak out about his views of last night, Do the Trust still back Matt Taylor, Has Matt offered to resign.

I hope he stays.

Red Devon

Very disappointing after the way we played against Colchester at SJP I really thought we would win the final. That is until I heard Northampton had pulled back a 2 goal deficit away at Cheltenham and doubts started to creep in knowing that they were our bogey team and teams do not get called bogey teams for nothing.
Northampton won more than one game with that awesome performance...in hindsight MTs biggest mistake may have been watching that game back over with the players, it was a frightening powerhouse of a performance and would have did little to raise confidence and belief in the heads of our players...as MT said afterwards last night the players knew what coming which undoubtedly affected their mentality and confidence badly.

IndoMike

Northampton won more than one game with that awesome performance...in hindsight MTs biggest mistake may have been watching that game back over with the players, it was a frightening powerhouse of a performance and would have did little to raise confidence and belief in the heads of our players...as MT said afterwards last night the players knew what coming which undoubtedly affected their mentality and confidence badly.
In effect we thought about stopping them too much and not enough about giving them something to think about. Could be.

IndoMike

I would like to hear the trust chairman speak out about his views of last night, Do the Trust still back Matt Taylor, Has Matt offered to resign.

I hope he stays.
Why would he offer to resign?