• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Interview with academy coach Kevin Nicholson

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Scott_Palfrey

The full 60 minute one can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hvQ7h10fbg well worth a watch!

Legohead

Banned
My fave ever player was Kev Nic. That screamer for Torquay v Barnet will live long in the memory. Top bloke too. Had the pleasure of watching him for all his Gulls career.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was an hour that just flew by. Great interview and great insight into our academy with a reminder of those largely unknown coaches who are able to develop their own skills as much as the kids to the great benefit of the club. It's very reassuring to hear the level of communication and shared vision from top to bottom.

Also very entertaining to hear about Kev's career as player and manager as well as, especially from our side, those play offs. Reinforced that we have another top chap working for us.

Legohead

Banned
Found it. Happy days.

Red Devon

Very interesting interview....wouldn’t be the biggest surprise to see him take over from MT one day.

andrew p long

My fave ever player was Kev Nic. That screamer for Torquay v Barnet will live long in the memory. Top bloke too. Had the pleasure of watching him for all his Gulls career.
you can see why he was so popular with fans for so much of his career.

still popular with the Kidderminster Harriers fan base from his one season here, disappointed to have lost him. But I suspect the reference to always living where he played shows how difficult/ costly that season was for him on a personal basis.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for another great interview, though I do wonder if he would be so happy to talk about the play-off semi final if Torquay hadn't gone up the following season.

Boyo

Great interview. Sounds like a top bloke

InMyBlood

Really enjoyed that.