• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saddened by this news. A national treasure.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
My clearest memory of Roy Hudd was playing Harold Atterbow the dirty old man theatre organist lusting after Sylvia Berry Louise Germaine (sigh) in Lipstick On Your Collar circa 1993.

RIP

Grecian2K

The News Huddlines on Radio 4 was always worth a listen.

Oldsmobile-88

Can’t recall the name of the radio show,but Roy Hudd had a wonderfully funny show on Radio 2 on a Saturday around 1230 before the sports programme started.I’m taking mid to late 1980s)
Listened & laughed many times whilst driving to games back them.

Grecian2K

That might have been the Huddlines Olds. Thought it was on R4 but, come to think of it, might well have been R2?

Oldsmobile-88

That might have been the Huddlines Olds. Thought it was on R4 but, come to think of it, might well have been R2?
Yes..I was thrown by the Radio 4 remark..Definitely Radio 2 ..Sounds like it was the News Huddlines..Good comedy.Nothing political or nasty which seems to be all the rage these days.

Grecian2K

Miranda Ward (73).
"Who?" you may ask? But former journalist with the (much missed) NME. And also the first female to have been granted an interview on the (then new) Radio 1 - with George Harrison.
It was also at her property in 1979 that the late, great Sandy Denny suffered the fatal fall that silenced that wonderful voice for ever. :cry:

Oldsmobile-88

Peter Thomas,a well known local photographer who had a large collection of old photos of the Exeter area.
He was also a local Historian.

IndoMike

Miranda Ward (73).
"Who?" you may ask? But former journalist with the (much missed) NME. And also the first female to have been granted an interview on the (then new) Radio 1 - with George Harrison.
It was also at her property in 1979 that the late, great Sandy Denny suffered the fatal fall that silenced that wonderful voice for ever. :cry:
Sorry to hear about Miranda
Sandy did have a great voice. For me her classic was "Who knows where the time goes?" - sad song - and also "Meet on the Ledge"

Mr Jinx

Sorry to hear about Miranda
Sandy did have a great voice. For me her classic was "Who knows where the time goes?" - sad song - and also "Meet on the Ledge"
Sandy's story was such a sad one. She led a troubled life and developed a propensity for throwing herself down stairwells.