• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth V's Exeter City EFL Trophy SF Official Match Day Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you get a chance, listen to the sky commentary when they score the own goal. The commentator literally says “No! No! No!” as if he’s a Pompey fan, not an impartial commentator.
Well, it's run by the illuminati, isn't it. Why do you think it's called 'sky'? Coincidence? If you pause the tape and look at the referee at 26:12, he actually makes an occult gesture celebrating the death of Princess Diana.

Also, the first goal was scored at 9 * 11 minutes, minus 911 seconds. Keep ignoring the signs if you prefer to take the blue pill.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you get a chance, listen to the sky commentary when they score the own goal. The commentator literally says “No! No! No!” as if he’s a Pompey fan, not an impartial commentator.
Impartial commentator? On Sky? Next you'll be saying they have pundits who understand the handball law..

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
CTRL + C, CTRL +V
????????

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You copy and paste the same comment about 10 times a week.

grecIAN Harris

You copy and paste the same comment about 10 times a week.
Different match, different situation and, if you actually read, a different comment that is relevant to the moment being commented on. You can always put me on ignore if it bothers you that much.

Grecian2K

There's always CTRL + ALT + DELETE as the ultimate resort?

fred binneys head

Well, it's run by the illuminati, isn't it. Why do you think it's called 'sky'? Coincidence? If you pause the tape and look at the referee at 26:12, he actually makes an occult gesture celebrating the death of Princess Diana.

Also, the first goal was scored at 9 * 11 minutes, minus 911 seconds. Keep ignoring the signs if you prefer to take the blue pill.
Have a cup of chamomile tea and maybe stroke a kitten Ed, you seem a bit tetchy recently. No euphemisms were harmed in the typing of this post.

pompeyman

Pompeyman - firstly thanks for your and all Pompey fans who have posted such positive comments about our club. Being a Fan Owned club (like you were) we rely on our Academy to produce our players and sell one or two on to stay afloat.

Sadly I have to report that current forecasts mean that our academy may have to close & we will be 'cash critical' in 2 years due to the Premiership's stranglehold over football !
Please find link here to BBC report explaining our plight (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51134903 ) plus a link to my recent on-air discussions with Robbie Savage on 5 Live 606 ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ffrn - Listen to this from 28min 30 sec) aimed at getting a 'Critical Mass' to help keep Fan Owned Exeter City afloat to be able to give you night's like last night !

Anything you can do to publicise our plight via Pompey Social Media (or other ways) would be gratefully appreciated by fellow Grecians in the hope that football authorities wake up before it is too late ?

Here's to a possible re-match next season (if you are unlucky & we are lucky in the run in of course) but all the very best at Wembley.

UTC & PUP
I will see what I can do, I have a family member of staff at Fratton park, will put this to her too. Its clubs like ours that keep the game alive.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Impartial commentator? On Sky? Next you'll be saying they have pundits who understand the handball law..
First the Good News - I had the great pleasure (no joke) of watching the game on Sky with 2 real football fans from the Pompey Devon Blues (names kept secret as, like me, they live under cover in a place 40milesish west of the fairer city of Exeter).

Now the Bad News - being the 'proper football fans' they are both were dismayed at Sky only allowing the last 20 seconds for post match commentary from the Exeter standpoint (which was filled by a heap of sh1T from Parkin - can't believe he was a Grecian). Even our manager failed to get a post match slot.
Today I also note on Sky's Twitter feed that every Pompey goal got a post but the silence for City goals is 'deafening' ie NOT posted.
Come on Sky you should be neutral - I hope you don't repeat this stance with our green opposition on 23 March but just had a thought, that place 40milesish west of the fairer city of Exeter now boasts an X Sky deputy managing director / Head of ITV Sport as a Director so guess 50:50 coverage remains a pipedream - in the words of the song 'Just as it Ever Was,

Now the even better news - our Academy plight has gained support from some fans from that place 40milesish west of the fairer city of Exeter - see below.

UTC, PUP & long live the Pompey Devon Blues!
Gargoyle Fan supports ECFC Academy.jpg

Dannyred

I heard that and for a split second I thought he’d seen a flag or something and the goal was going to be ruled out...it was enough to stop me celebrating the goal at that moment.
Lee Hendrie ruined the enjoyment of the game by his twaddle and one sided commentary, how sky employ him I have no idea.