• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be nice if Salford got their arse in gear as well

Rog H K

In our hands big time. Shooting towards Bank. Wind with us. 10 Men Oldham.
4-1 tonight😎

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reuben Reid has scored for Cheltenham. I had no idea he was still playing.

tonykellowfan

Oldham scores from a short corner which as usual we only defended with one.

Rosencrantz

Other way round, Parkes looked injured.
Strange one, he just ran off straight down the tunnel followed by our fitness coach. Whatever is wrong wasn't his legs.

Oldham have looked decent on the ball, which we aren't winning enough. When we have it though, we're getting behind them very easily. Rain at our backs second half.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stats are easily in favour of Oldham,but means nothing in a match like this.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For large parts of that half we have looked anything but promotion contenders. Oldham have handled the conditions better, won most of the 50-50's, dominated possession and Lewis Ward has been far more involved than the Oldham keeper. Yet the few times we've kept the ball and got our passes going we've looked dangerous with Matt Jay involved in everything good that we've done - he set up the first goal, was involved in the build-up to the second and had a header cleared off the line.
Highlight of the half, though, was Wheater trying to persuade the ref the ball had already crossed the line before he handled it so Exeter should be given a goal but he shouldn't be sent off.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooh just had a look at our first goal, a thing of beauty, lovely ball slipped through from Jay perfectly weighted for Richardson who produces a Kenny Dalglish finish dinking the keeper from a wide angle close in.

PeteUSA

I know their goal was a total defensive f*** up, but at the death I thought Ward could have done better with the powder-puff effort that eventually got past him. He did make two outstanding consecutive saves later though.

fred binneys head

Oldham scores from a short corner which as usual we only defended with one.
Don't talk in the current tense, I thought they'd scored again.