• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What's the most Grecians have taken away ?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Evening Fellow Grecians - apart from our Wembley experiences what's the most number of Grecians to travel to an away game ?
UTC

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Guessing here but Man United was about 9,000 and Tottenham in the cup in 80/81 was 7,500, so those 2 must be up there ?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there for both

STFC since 1879

Evening Fellow Grecians - apart from our Wembley experiences what's the most number of Grecians to travel to an away game ?
UTC
UTC
It's a shame Torquay, Yeovil and Bristol Rovers aren't in league 2 save you guys some travelling

Last edited:

Red Devon

I remember going to Port Vale once back in the 80s..there was only about 5 or 6 of us in the away end that day the Police put us all in the back of one of there vans and taxied us back to the station.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry Guys asked too much of a vague question - I meant to say 'normal' league game ?
UTC

Oldsmobile-88

League games only..2,800 at Leeds(2009) I think it was a similar number against Rotherham for the promotion game in 2008/09.

There was estimated to be 3,500 at Plainmoor on Good Friday 1977 in that 76/77 promotion season.
There was not a definite figure because the ground was not segregated in those days.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Avening Posse

League games only..2,800 at Leeds(2009) I think it was a similar number against Rotherham for the promotion game in 2008/09.

There was estimated to be 3,500 at Plainmoor on Good Friday 1977 in that 76/77 promotion season.
There was not a definite figure because the ground was not segregated in those days.
Probably not as many as those, but Hereford away in the 89/90 promotion season felt like a lot, the standing bit was packed and half the stand to our left was full of Exeter support as well

Oldsmobile-88

FFS..Cheltenham..The World of Smile Stadium 😁

That’s what happens when clubs sell naming rights.

A old ground name,Valley Parade has disappeared ☹