• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Tim Long

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
She was playing against my daughter last year. Got a fair strike on her.

Dannyred

Connie Pengelly https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/-connie-pengelly-.

Wish her luck and hope we can keep hold of the talented players and move up to the championship within the next few years that is if the women’s team have that ambition.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Of course they have the ambition to go further up into the Championship or they wouldn't be bothered to play ?

Dannyred

Of course they have the ambition to go further up into the Championship or they wouldn't be bothered to play ?
I wish someone at city had the ambition to make the championship over the last 50 years in the men’s team.

The club need to invest more into the women’s team

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wish someone at city had the ambition to make the championship over the last 50 years in the men’s team.

The club need to invest more into the women’s team
Got any full time money making schemes to bring the club into the amount it would cost to invest in Championship players ?
OR would it cost less to get the women's team into the championship ? I cant seem to find any proper attendances figures for the women's league but did find this https://www.womenssoccerunited.com/fa-womens-super-league-match-attendances/ Brighton v Liverpool has the figure at 443 that cant be right , can it ?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brighton v Liverpool has the figure at 443 that cant be right , can it ?
Probably is right Ramone, Think the average attendance for a Women's top flight game is about 1000. Take no notice of the ones played at PL stadiums a while ago, Although big attendances a lot of tickets were either £2 or given away for free. The attendance you quote is more like what they have week in week out

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably is right Ramone, Think the average attendance for a Women's top flight game is about 1000. Take no notice of the ones played at PL stadiums a while ago, Although big attendances a lot of tickets were either £2 or given away for free. The attendance you quote is more like what they have week in week out
But you would think those 2 teams would be a bit more of a draw for even the part time supporters , With the championship being even less on attendance cant really see the point in investing big money into a women's side than we are already if there isn't the return in match day earnings as it would be costing more to put the game on.

I see what you mean about giving tickets away https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/womens-football/chelsea-women-vs-tottenham-result-stamford-bridge-attendance-womens-super-league-scores-539893...…. 40k given away and still only 24k turn up probably cost a shedload to put the game on as well.

Last edited:

Dannyred

Got any full time money making schemes to bring the club into the amount it would cost to invest in Championship players ?
OR would it cost less to get the women's team into the championship ? I cant seem to find any proper attendances figures for the women's league but did find this https://www.womenssoccerunited.com/fa-womens-super-league-match-attendances/ Brighton v Liverpool has the figure at 443 that cant be right , can it ?
I went to watch a championship game last week and the attendance was 1376 but one of the teams men’s club were also playing so it would of been slightly more. Think the lowest has been 400 and highest 5000 at championship level.

WSL game on Sunday was 4,000 and Chelsea average over 4,000 for home games.

Championship price Lewes Adults £10 conc £5 u16 Free

WSL no idea of the prices.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arsenal v chelsea had 4,000 on sunday. But that was a derby and a top of the table game.