• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City's pasties

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We should be selling chips and beer inside the ground. Must be some way of making a profit by selling them.

edindevon

I've never really understood the desire to buy food etc from a football ground.

If you are going straight from home why not just have something half decent beforehand ??

If you are going from work / or from a pub etc why not just call in somewhere half decent on the way ?? Walking in from the city centre there are shed loads of options.

I appreciate for some it is a bit of a tradition however to be brutally honest the fare on offer looks and smells absolutely disgusting hence why I have never eaten anything from SJP.
Would have to agree with that. I've got fairly low standards when it comes to food and will eat almost anything, but even I draw the line at the fare on offer at SJP these days.

Silver fox

We should be selling chips and beer inside the ground. Must be some way of making a profit by selling them.
Totally agree, that's what your average football punter wants, all modern day clubs do this, didn't they try selling beer behind the Big Bank last season for a few games, what happened to that?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Totally agree, that's what your average football punter wants, all modern day clubs do this, didn't they try selling beer behind the Big Bank last season for a few games, what happened to that?
Think the trial was for a few games during the L1 relegation season but apparently the police conditions meant it wasn't viable.

Silver fox

Think the trial was for a few games during the L1 relegation season but apparently the police conditions meant it wasn't viable.
Aaahh, good old D and C police, brewery and run one springs to mind!!

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had the misfortune of sampling a pasty yesterday because it was lunchtime and in the hope that they might have improved. They haven't. Utterly disgusting and not even lukewarm. It comes to something when you can't get a decent pasty at the home of Devon's premier footballing side in 2019. We now have a ground to be proud of but the catering appears to be stuck in the 80s. Sort it out TaylorShaulsEcfcthorpe. :((n):poop:

Matt Russell

Me too. No ill effects, but must rank as a health hazard if served at those temperatures. Should do better!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some Exeweb legends on this thread !

GJW

I assume you were in the Stagecoach. We had a couple and they were lukewarm at best. I did, however, still enjoy the taste and had no ill effects. I will eat any old crap though.

Alistair20000

Some Exeweb legends on this thread !
Indeed.

I laughed reasonably hard when I saw Fanny described as an “Active Member“ despite having not posted since October 2014. :ROFLMAO: