• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are going to absolutely batter someone soon.

CWH-NYC_

We are going to absolutely batter someone soon.
If we play like that we sure will. Hopefully the next home game !

CityTillIDie

If we play like that we sure will. Hopefully the next home game !
That’s what I’m hoping, we’ve got two coming up one of them is for sure going to be a belter!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taken from the Carlisle forum

'Exeter were a joy to watch-Law oozes class and ran the game.I could watch their style of play every week-no fancy dan crap at the back ,just trust your midfield to control the game.They were professional, no game management rubbish, and just got on with it.I really hope the do well as that was a great performance and they should have had a least 8.'

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi everyone found this on Carlisle forum and thought it worth sharing

Exeter were a joy to watch-Law oozes class and ran the game.I could watch their style of play every week-no fancy dan crap at the back ,just trust your midfield to control the game.They were professional, no game management rubbish, and just got on with it.I really hope the do well as that was a great performance and they should have had a least 8.
BlockC got there before you snoop.

Pobbop

Got to say, from what everyone is saying, this performance seems a bit next level attacking wise to what we have seen this season, which has been solid but not really inspired, hopefully, this will be the start of great things.

Well done Matt and the boys, and Nicky Law what a darned player.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't do him much good!

1burnm

Its no exaggeration to say Exeter could have won that by 8 or 9 goals. If Ryan Bowman hadn't had an off day. Law in the gap behind the strikers is absolutely different class. In fact apart from Ryan every player was on absolute top form. But Randell Williams was the other stand out in my view, keeps running, great pass for the first goal and set up about 5 opportunities in the second half. Him and Sweeney have developed a nice understanding I think. If Exeter stick with and develop that system, and Law stays fit, then the sky is really the limit.

IndoMike

Think we're in a very good situation now. Confidence is high, team spirit looks good judging by the way our goals are celebrated, our new signings are realising that they're gonna have to fight to get into the team, we have good options on the bench for nearly every position, and we have some youngsters not too far off from joining in. It's early days but we have to be very satisfied so far.

STURTZ

Does seem that we are improving week on week as Matt Taylor finds players best positions and builds a team around those individual strengths. Strange I suppose that the same "group of players" doing it this season are the same players we had last year but I suppose the new players are putting pressure on the existing squad. Notable improvements in several players this time around and real purpose to the team.

Bring on the Argyle!