• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
And so a 6 month extension allows enough time for a Tory leadership contest and/or a GE. Tory's will push harder now to dump the hapless May, but they have to move quickly.

arthur

"Now make the best of it". Here is the chance for the British parliament to get their act together and start behaving as they should have done 2 years ago.
The issue, appointed out by Blair, Grieve and other despised individuals remains the same as it always has. Does the UK want complete control of its immigration and the ability to strike its own trade deals, or does it want to retain frictionless access to its closest and largest (by far) trading partner?

It can't have both, despite "Cake and Eat it", "Red White and Blue Brexit" "Neither Canada, nor Norway, but a bespoke deal", all attempts to deny the obligation to make this choice. "Believe in Britain" is not the basis for negotiating an orderly exit from the EU.

The fact is that any exit from the EU will damage the country, it's just a question of how exactly you want the country damaged. Therefore it's not at all surprising that MPs haven't been able to agree how to Brexit

tavyred

Toby Young defending the vile comments of the sacked Housing Minister Roger Scruton. Toby really is a disgusting individual. He'd probably have me euthanised for such comments! As expected The Spectator is leading the defence of Scruton. ;(
The purge against anyone in public life holding less than ‘progressive’ views continues.
What a dull anodyne world awaits us in the near future.

mustangspeed2006

Since i don't do facebook
I wouldn't bother with Facebook at all, mate.

Full of echo chamber political crap and the made-up "statistics" that get posted on this thread by the ejits that believe all this nonsense.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
a 6 month extension
I'm reminded of a 1940 Hollywood film, "They Drive By Night". The driver in the truckers' cafe who keeps winning free games on the pinball machine. "I'll never get out of here!"

DB9

I wouldn't bother with Facebook at all, mate.

Full of echo chamber political crap and the made-up "statistics" that get posted on this thread by the ejits that believe all this nonsense.
Very true, This is the closest I get to Social Media,

IndoMike

Of course the EU don't want us to leave for as long as possible , Nobody would cut the throat of the biggest cash cow when they can carry on milking it !
Ramone, you always shoot from the hip but forget to put the bullet in. You must see things from all perspectives. This idea that the UK is a victim of an evil EU is ridiculous. The EU is about give and take. Very different from our Empire, which was take and take.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
The EU did what the EU does. It takes all views, some positive, some negative, and comes to an agreement. Whilst in the UK, we still want the Single Market, Customs Union, No Contributions, No Freedom of Movement Frictionless Borders, and Full influence over deals.

The UK really needs to use this 6 months to assess it's real place in the world and what it can achieve.

Too many people wake up too angry. They are just angry people. They always will be.

P.S. How do we dismantle the Soros Empire in Hungary? (tmi)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
P.S. How do we dismantle the Soros Empire in Hungary? (tmi)
I'm sure the Spectator has this subject covered.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ramone, you always shoot from the hip but forget to put the bullet in. You must see things from all perspectives. This idea that the UK is a victim of an evil EU is ridiculous. The EU is about give and take. Very different from our Empire, which was take and take.
Here's a bullet for you ......... How much and how long did it take us to repay our debt for WW2 ? or go back a little further for WW1 lets get some of those EU countries who this country and commonwealth (America turned up eventually) to give some of the billions of pounds it cost us to save their countries back.

Status
Not open for further replies.