• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts County vs Exeter City match day thread

Re: Exeter City vs Notts County match day thread

In an interview this week a County player said they play better against the top sides as the Notts team is generally on the small side. They played better than Cheltenham but were bullied out of it recently for example, he went on to suggest that they had good footballers who performed against the ball playing teams. Can't find the article to paste it up but can I suggest Bowman puts in his gumshield, straps on his shin and elbow pads and gets ready to batter the little buggers.
Getting three points today is unlikely to be easy ... County at home against the top 9 (playoff contenders & higher) are W2 D4 L1 ... Defeat was vs Forest Green 1-3 on 1-Sept. Although City have not lost away to any of the teams in the bottom half of table (W5 D4 L0) so nil points would be VERY disappointing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Are we playing at home then?
Oops. Now fixed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
My line up prediction:

Pym

Wilson Brown Moxey Woodman

Holmes Taylor Boateng Law

Jay

Bowman

I'd love Law to be in the middle though, he was dominating games when he was central.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

In an interview this week a County player said they play better against the top sides as the Notts team is generally on the small side. They played better than Cheltenham but were bullied out of it recently for example, he went on to suggest that they had good footballers who performed against the ball playing teams. Can't find the article to paste it up but can I suggest Bowman puts in his gumshield, straps on his shin and elbow pads and gets ready to batter the little buggers.
Maybe some truth in that as they also lost recently to Tranmere and heavily to Newport. And yet they held the monsters of Lincoln to a draw at home.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
My line up prediction:

Pym

Wilson Brown Moxey Woodman

Holmes Taylor Boateng Law

Jay

Bowman

I'd love Law to be in the middle though, he was dominating games when he was central.
I'd be surprised if Troy Brown will be trusted from the start, though if he's fit enough I'd rather see him play than Aaron Martin. I also wonder if Matt Taylor might want to squeeze in Archie Collins an extra defensive player in Archie Collins, at the expense possibly of Lee Holmes.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
There have been about five games since January where we have played super football. MK Dons, Lincoln, Crewe, last week and other games or parts of them (we played really nice in the first half against Bury). Let's try and do that today. Our midfield could end up being the best in the division by the end of the season after having been one of the worst in November. Credit to the manager's selections and tactics, and everyone for that. I love watching City right now and don't really mind where we are at the end of the season if we can go into the next one playing like this. I think the number of tickets we've sold for today speaks for itself in terms of what the fans think.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the price reduction for the Community day they're hoping for a 10k gate at the San Sirrel.

Exehausted

I'd be surprised if Troy Brown will be trusted from the start, though if he's fit enough I'd rather see him play than Aaron Martin. I also wonder if Matt Taylor might want to squeeze in Archie Collins an extra defensive player in Archie Collins, at the expense possibly of Lee Holmes.
I'd be surprise if Troy was risked as well. If he's recovered I'd play Sweeny in the middle. I really hope he doesn't go with Arron Martin, he's solid but he just can't pass it well enough. Last week with Pierce out everyone of that team could play the ball around with ease. I know it's a risk but I might even take a chance on Will Dean, he wouldn't let us down.

Copernicus

I know it's a risk but I might even take a chance on Will Dean, he wouldn't let us down.
Careful Exhausted, you may end up eating your words at 5 o'clock (facepalm)