• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Willem Tomlinson

Blackburn site says "... contracts cancelled by mutual consent" https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/january/young-duo-depart/

So does that mean he doesn't have to sign (for whatever club he chooses) today?

Exehausted

Blackburn site says "... contracts cancelled by mutual consent" https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/january/young-duo-depart/

So does that mean he doesn't have to sign (for whatever club he chooses) today?
Not according to the BBC sport web site. That says that after the window shuts clubs can only sign free agents that had left their previous club before the end of the August transfer window.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not according to the BBC sport web site. That says that after the window shuts clubs can only sign free agents that had left their previous club before the end of the August transfer window.
So off to Scotland or maybe non league (e.g. Salford).

Exehausted

So off to Scotland or maybe non league (e.g. Salford).
Quite possibly, unless the deal is done and we are waiting until the very last minute to announce it.

jrg333

Ignore me.

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Salford have already signed 2 midfielders today, can't see them signing another.

eurogrecian

The 21-year-old saw his deal expire in the summer and this will allow him to find a new club outside of the transfer window.

Tomlinson had been expected to leave this month, and had been set for a move to League Two Exeter City who he had been training with.

Lancashire Telegraph

Might be coming our way then after the window shuts?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst this is guesswork on my part I wonder if Tomlinson will sign this week, I don't know the rules and the details of what his contract situation was at Blackburn however he has said he is going somewhere else, we loaned out Tillson and had to put Will Dean on the bench yesterday as we didn't have any other central midfielders available (nothing against Will Dean however he has rarely been in the squad this season).

There have been several other football league transfer announced since 1st Feb. See below as an example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47104639

Of course I could well be wide of the mark.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst this is guesswork on my part I wonder if Tomlinson will sign this week, I don't know the rules and the details of what his contract situation was at Blackburn however he has said he is going somewhere else, we loaned out Tillson and had to put Will Dean on the bench yesterday as we didn't have any other central midfielders available (nothing against Will Dean however he has rarely been in the squad this season).

There have been several other football league transfer announced since 1st Feb. See below as an example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47104639

Of course I could well be wide of the mark.
Someone posted a pic from his Instagram yesterday of him in his car saying “long journey ahead” and the sat nav said it was a 209 miles journey from Whitefield (Greater Manchester) to his destination.

Now this may just be him going somewhere for the weekend but suspect he was driving to his next club, which wouldn’t be us as we’re around 250 miles away. I actually think he will sign for a Scottish club, just a hunch.

Last edited:

budegrecian

I'm just speculating too, but my guess is that if he was going to join us he would have been signed up already. He was training with us before Christmas, so we would have had plenty of time to sign him if we wanted him. It looks to me that he wasn't quite good enough.
With regard to Will Dean being on the bench, it could be that he MT now thinks, like Archie Collins, that he's ready. Maybe he has also overtaken Jordan Tilson in the pecking order, which is why Tilly's been allowed to go out on loan.