• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
how would you have designed it differently?
Stalker alert !

Last edited:

IndoMike

Stalker alert !
Just joking, Loggy. To answer your question, I would have asked an SHE expert for their advice on how to make it safer. At least a sign to warn to mind your head :D

Bongo1959

I would just like to say as I have just finished a contract working in the nog it has been a pleasure as a city fan to see this project take shape . The internals of the stand look very good bit on the basic side at present but I expect when there fitted out with all the pretty bits it will look great
By the way none of the site team have walked into any of the steel structure in the time I was there .

IndoMike

I would just like to say as I have just finished a contract working in the nog it has been a pleasure as a city fan to see this project take shape . The internals of the stand look very good bit on the basic side at present but I expect when there fitted out with all the pretty bits it will look great
By the way none of the site team have walked into any of the steel structure in the time I was there .
Probably because they get Safety and Health training..

DanceMagnet

Indeed, so why mention about similar sized beams in your house (post 2703 in case you were interested)? Let’s mention something irrelevant, then call someone out for commenting on an irrelevent contribution. Way to go,eh?
You’re the master of irrelevant contributions. I was making the analogy that if you were controlling the design, you would never design it that way. Bit too complex for you to understand, I guess.

DanceMagnet

I reckon it’ll be left exactly as it is, and that the club won’t need to do anything to satisfy current regulations.
What's done is done so you're probably right. However, as others have said, the minimum should be to flip the door to open the other way and put up appropriate signage.

Antony Moxey

You’re the master of irrelevant contributions. I was making the analogy that if you were controlling the design, you would never design it that way. Bit too complex for you to understand, I guess.
Yes, of course it was, went way over my head. Unlike the offending beam. But do carry on making pointless analogies whilst pointing out others’ pointless analogies, it all adds to a healthy discussion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do we really need to spend this many pages discussing a door?

Red Bill

Wow this a discussion I didn't see going on so long! The beam isn't anything that can't be found in hundreds of buildings both public and private, the only issue is its proximity to the door and Ramone gave the simple solution to that days ago, hang it fom the left side!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Do we really need to spend this many pages discussing a door?
Its an open and shut subject.