• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Cheltenham : Build-up & Prediction.

Stelios

Our results against Cheltenham since they first achieved league status in 1999 are interesting: we lost the first 9 encounters, then drew with them in April 2014, since when we have won the last 6 games.
Thanks for that. I remember most of those early losses! Didn't realise our record was that bad. They were a bit of novelty (newly promoted) and always had a good away following at SJP. Couldn't understand why we could never beat them.

Still makes me a bit fearful of them even though our recent record is good.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-1 late winner from Matt Jay.
Goals: Boeteng, Jay
Att: 4412
Jay wasn't in the squad last week so unless he's been immense in training this week I cannot see him scoring !

My prediction is that this will be a tight game against an energetic Cheltenham side, we will come out 2 - 1 winners, Stockley and Law on target.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jay wasn't in the squad last week so unless he's been immense in training this week I cannot see him scoring !
Maybe not in training, but a hat-trick in a reserve fixture won't have done his chances any harm. That said, I think it's unlikely he'll be in a position to score any late winners.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like heavy rain for Saturday, but not strong winds.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Stelios

Any idea why this interview was recorded with Matt lying down flat on his back on the floor?

"Winter Football Is Coming..."

100milesaway

Travelling from Cheltenham (with a Cheltenham fan) to watch the match. He says they’ve been dreadful all season although their new manager is a club legend and will do well.

But I can see a big Exeter win as the new Cheltenham manager still has plenty of work to do

4-0 City

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brown and Woodman out. Same side as last match?