• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2018 - Russia

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ossie Ardiles quoted as saying they're the worst Argentina team ever.
Good. I hate the feckers more than I dislike the Boxheads. :)

grecIAN Harris

It looks like Argentina are going to get a second chance, Nigeria are 2-..........0 up as Iceland miss a penalty.

IndoMike

A military coup sponsored by our friend across the ocean, a dictatorship which left its people cowed, a suicidal war started to distract its people from their growing unrest. A group of soldiers, normal blokes like our blokes, sent to a senseless war. Yes, Maradonna was a count (and so was Ratin) but I just can't hate a whole country. In recent history there have been so many counts all over the place, and we ourselves were counts way back when.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
There have been counts in many countries around the world Mike ........... some learn from their previous mistakes (given it was a different time and attitude way back when)

Other countries are still carrying out atrocities against their own and other people and will never learn or want to move forward instead they choose to still live in the dark ages.

Back on topic I still hope they loose and go home crying into their asados.

StroudGrecian

Must've enjoyed the 2014 final then.

IndoMike

I think Ali must've wanted both teams to lose. Pretty frustrating

Alistair20000

Having a ref called Nicola made it bearable :)

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going back to that "Hand of God" business, I remember watching the game in a pub in deepest Buckinghamshire after a cricket match. I'm sure that at the time I had no idea what Maradona had done, however improbable it might have seemed that he could outjump Shilton to head the ball. To be honest, I was probably in a state of shock, having just had to cough up to buy my team-mates a jug of beer after scoring a rare half-century.

Spoonz Red E

Two Swiss players wrestle a Serbian player to the ground in the box. No VAR review on whether it's a penalty or not. What's going on there?

At least it puts the 'Russian influence' conspiracy to bed after the non decisions regarding Harry Kane.

IndoMike

Two Swiss players wrestle a Serbian player to the ground in the box. No VAR review on whether it's a penalty or not. What's going on there?

At least it puts the 'Russian influence' conspiracy to bed after the non decisions regarding Harry Kane.
Yes, and you know FIFA made a big deal about stopping rugby tackles in the box. The refs have to be braver and FIFA must support them. It's bringing the game into disrepute, i.e a laughing stock.