• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That new stand looks small

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're joking? It looks bloody massive from well street

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
*Although, if it ever, finally gets renovated perhaps they should rename it PorkWarts, in honour of the Head of the Gr**n Stasi
Still hoping he does the same thing he did with the pavilions down there .... sell the lot from under their little snouts.

Lets face it he was meant to rejuvenate the harbourside ...... that didn't happen

Wasn't the Buckerell lodge meant to have a revamp .... that didn't happen.

The only thing he has done is sell off quite a bit of land by the looks of it and gather a herd of white elephants lol

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That new stand looks small
It's definitely longer as it goes past the old Well Street exit from the at James Road end.

AndyR

Looking good! Very unusually the most demand for seats will presumably be in the end block on the right of the stand, which will house those closest to the centre circle.

I hope they're going to serve a decent pint of real ale in the concourse underneath.....

David Treharne

Today's development has been the relaying of the SJP side pavement of Old Tiverton Road with tarmac, to replace the mix of flagstones and pitted tarmac that was already there. It stretches from the St James Road corner to the corner of Prospect Park and has been done (presumably) to cater for the influx of student pedestrians from the start of 2019-2020 season rather than to aid the football club. There's also the first visible sign on the old Yeo & Davey site of steelwork that is going to rise with the speed of The Barn off Summerland Street. Whoever agreed the planning permission for both must be a lover of the brutalist school of architecture.

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

Today's development has been the relaying of the SJP side pavement of Old Tiverton Road with tarmac, to replace the mix of flagstones and pitted tarmac that was already there. It stretches from the St James Road corner to the corner of Prospect Park and has been done (presumably) to cater for the influx of student pedestrians from the start of 2019-2020 season rather than to aid the football club. There's also the first visible sign on the old Yeo & Davey site of steelwork that is going to rise with the speed of The Barn off Summerland Street. Whoever agreed the planning permission for both must be a lover of the brutalist school of architecture.
I refer the Honourable Member to the post of my Honourable friend Hants-red No 1577 of 2356 on 31st May 2018!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A little bit from one of the contractors a few days ago

https://twitter.com/gleventsuk/status/1003637642272169986

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A little bit from one of the contractors a few days ago

https://twitter.com/gleventsuk/status/1003637642272169986
So the amount of space underneath the concrete steps (I'm talking depth not height) doesn't look huge. Will the stand extend out further than the steps at the back?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So the amount of space underneath the concrete steps (I'm talking depth not height) doesn't look huge. Will the stand extend out further than the steps at the back?
Please see previous conversations about the new changing rooms under the Doble for reference to size! :)