• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New signings on the way!!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smoke and mirrors Anon...As I said in another post. you could cut and paste the same statement from the last 5 years and it would be largely the same...I'm not sure why PT feels the need to give the impression we are doing something, when we clearly are not.
Why are you so convinced we weren't doing anything, rather than we tried and failed?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ve never, and will never, be in a position to get a Rolex.
We've had plenty of "genuine fake" Rollexes over the years, though - Quinton Fortune, Rowan Vine, the list is long...

CC

We've had plenty of "genuine fake" Rollexes over the years, though - Quinton Fortune, Rowan Vine, the list is long...
Quinton Fortune? I take it you mean Jonathon Fortune?!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
C'mon most of those guys you could see had ROLUX written on them and looked like they were made by a blind person.

I'd say Jon Challinor and Steve Flack were closer to being "genuine fakes" - both looked passable from a distance but eventually after seeing them for a while you realised they were just knock-offs.

(tisdale)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jonathan. Still remember his chip over Krysiak at MK Dons.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why are you so convinced we weren't doing anything, rather than we tried and failed?
Because imho, Malcolms is bitter and twisted and been carrying a huge chip on his shoulder for around 20 years since he was in the "corridors of power" at SJP. I get the impression that he simply resents that under the ownership of a bunch of fans, the Club can thrive and be financially a damn sight better off than in his day. You and I are both aware of players that we have been linked with and the reality of his statement, is that it is just malicious load of nonsense !

Last edited:

IndoMike

I'm often critical of Tisdale, but i try to be fair. You won't find many clubs in the country that were able to bring in all the players they wanted. We've already got a biggish squad : ok - we've got injured players, but you can't keep signing a player to cover an injured one. Disappointed : yes, but I'll judge Tisdale at the end of the season. Promotion was the expressed target : that's what I expect after 5 years and money in the bank.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Quinton Fortune? I take it you mean Jonathon Fortune?!
I share a very important characteristic with Quinton Fortune, aside from being a particularly poor winger for the level I play at.

malcolms

Because imho, Malcolms is bitter and twisted and been carrying a huge chip on his shoulder for around 20 years since he was in the "corridors of power" at SJP. I get the impression that he simply resents that under the ownership of a bunch of fans, the Club can thrive and be financially a damn sight better off than in his day. You and I are both aware of players that we have been linked with and the reality of his statement, is that it is just malicious load of nonsense !
If you know players that we have been sensibly pursuing then just let us have a name or two...not 'he said she said', but something with substance...The rest is so far away from the truth it's not worth commenting on so I won't. Also don't bother with the IMHO ********, if you have an opinion, just put it out there...

Last edited:

IndoMike

I think there was a real problem with whom we wanted to get really, I'd imagine he'd have wanteda centre-half with depressingly JMT, Troy and even Croll still not even featuring on the bench, but who do you get? An experienced but not crocked player would realise that once everyone's fit, he won't be in the first-team. Do you bring in a loanee, well if it's someone out of favour with another club, he may need to get up to speed, and a Prem youngster if we could get one, I'd be worried about the physical assault of this League, blimey we've got Luton and Wycombe coming up, we ain't going to play a light-weight.

So, I guess this is why it's all frittered out, we'll have to make do with TAH and Moxey, which to be fair to them isn't as depressing a prospect as it seemed a monthago, as they're just about coping, and clearly can handle the physicality.

I understand why people wanted a nippy striker, but I'm hopeful when the weather improves our young players can fill in, but as Tis said last night, this is winter football and I think he's willing to fight it out ATM. Simpson and Brunt and Stockley, it's not total football, but we won't be bullied as we have in previous seasons.
You forgot to mention Seaborne.