• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sack the groundsman

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite capable of judging the pitch myself thank you...like others!! have said it’s horrible!
This thread isn't about the pitch (which I've readily admitted is poor right now); it's about the groundstaff.

Grecian68

Yes, the pitch is poor at the moment but the groundsmen are doing the best with what they've got.
To be honest, with our home form, you could say they're doing a good job with our pitch.
And, who cares as long as we get winning at home.

IndoMike

Tisdale said today (DevonLive) that it's hard for our players to adapt to playing on good pitches after playing games on our dodgy pitch. So we're losing away because the away pitches are too good. That's a new one.(rofl)

Bittners a Legend

Not sure how you would expect the pitch to look given the amount of rain it has taken and the number of games in a relatively small space of time. There is a big difference between looking after a cricket pitch in the summer and a football pitch in the winter.

Antony Moxey

Tisdale said today (DevonLive) that it's hard for our players to adapt to playing on good pitches after playing games on our dodgy pitch. So we're losing away because the away pitches are too good. That's a new one.(rofl)
The man is a serial whinger. Pitches have been of varying qualities since the second one in history was first laid. It’s not a new thing that some clubs have bette4 pitches than others: what was the excuse when we were losing games hand over fist at home for season after season? We couldn’t adapt to our own pitch? Now we can’t adapt to other pitches. F*** off and shut up, everything is always someone else’s fault.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Had to happen.

Pull the other one Tisdale

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
As for sacking the groundsman - would look pretty kettle black given the manager kept his job for so long

Red Bill

Firstly I know nothing whatsoever about pitches or ground keeping, so despite acknowledging that our pitch looks dreadful at the moment despite all the money spent on it it quite recently I can't comment as to why it's currently in such a state or who's responsible.

But although the thread title pulls no punches, we should remember that Clive Pring is a paid employee of the club not a volunteer. So if a professional groundsman with obvious expertise in the area (unlike I imagine most of those who've responded ) comes on here and makes a judgement/comment based on his professional opinion, I think that should be respected just as much as any comment on any subject. This is a discussion forum.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The man is a serial whinger. Pitches have been of varying qualities since the second one in history was first laid. It’s not a new thing that some clubs have bette4 pitches than others: what was the excuse when we were losing games hand over fist at home for season after season? We couldn’t adapt to our own pitch? Now we can’t adapt to other pitches. F*** off and shut up, everything is always someone else’s fault.
I agree entirely. I don't know why he makes these daft comments - usually to DevonLive. I don't know if he believes what he says, or thinks we are all stupid , or what. But the comment we are referring to really takes the biscuit.

IndoMike

I agree entirely. I don't know why he makes these daft comments - usually to DevonLive. I don't know if he believes what he says, or thinks we are all stupid , or what. But the comment we are referring to really takes the biscuit.
Plus the players train on a 3G pitch...how come that doesn't influence our performance. The one thing you know about Tisdale is that he will never take the blame for anything. Think many of us would respect him more if he occasionally put his hands up and admitted he set the team up wrongly or whatever.

Last edited: