• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taxi for Tisdale

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
On another website apparently the manager is young and has experience of getting a club promoted to the football league
You could see it happening. Techy type owner, new three year roller, quiet backwater, little pressure..knows the area. However, if it happened it would just confirm how unambitious PT is and good luck to him on that basis

Alistair20000

You could see it happening. Techy type owner, new three year roller, quiet backwater, little pressure..knows the area. However, if it happened it would just confirm how unambitious PT is and good luck to him on that basis
Not before he collects his cut of the Ampadu largesse Malcs.

Banksy

He'd never approach The Maestro in a million years unless it was to ask him the time.

malcolms

Not before he collects his cut of the Ampadu largesse Malcs.
You're surely not suggesting that management is "on the make" with regard to transfer fees are you Mr 20000? (facepalm)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

You're surely not suggesting that management is "on the make" with regard to transfer fees are you Mr 20000? (facepalm)
Depends on the terms of the contracts the Club has with the relevant parties. There may be shares of transfer fees paid to those who nurture the talent and negotiate the deals.

You may very well think if that is the case then it is "on the make" but beyond noting that business is about making money I could not possibly comment.

Terryhall

I think a lot of clubs do this - if I remember rightly, Ian Holloway did very nicely out of the Charlie Adam deal when he moved from Blackpool to Liverpool.

edit - no comment on the ethics of it, or if I think ECFC should do this, simply that I think a lot of clubs do.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I believe Mr Perryman's £75k p.a. is for negotiating deals and compensation.......................or is that just his retainer ?

PeteUSA

I believe Mr Perryman's £75k p.a. is for negotiating deals and compensation.......................or is that just his retainer ?
I've totally lost track of what he does. Does anybody see him occasionally, apart from at the odd match or two?

Eastleigh are looking for a new manager and looking at someone in the EFL http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38168441

Wonder if the taxi may be awaiting from the South Coast?
It'll be Martin Allen. Tisdale is in no one's thoughts.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It'll be Martin Allen. Tisdale is in no one's thoughts.
.......It is Martin Allen.