• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Argyle - Saturday 17th September

Ashford Grecian

Does anyone know what time Henry's Bar or the Bowling Green open tomorrow?? Due to hit town from the smoke around 1045 and parking that side of the ground...

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know what time Henry's Bar or the Bowling Green open tomorrow?? Due to hit town from the smoke around 1045 and parking that side of the ground...
Henry's will be open at 10, still think Bowling Green doesn't open until midday though.

rp42

Who's reffing the game tomorrow?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

rp42

Thanks Hants,i thought it may have been a more high profile Ref than that.

PeteUSA

Thanks Hants, I thought it may have been a more higher profile Ref than that.
I dont know what you mean by a "higher profile ref"? but all the referees we get are qualified Class One. Some might have refereed longer than others and they might vary quite a bit in age. Back when I was refereeing, a referee generally retired at 48. They could try to get their retirement age extended to 50, but each official was judged independently. Their fitness level was taken into account as well as the marks they were getting from match accessors.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
So in the end about 1900 off capacity.

Can I ask roughly how that was broken down? As of last night the website showed about 230 seats still available. Assume that around 200 is lost for segregation, and that the away terrace was sold out? Was estimated that as at Wednesday lunchtime around 1300 big bank tickets were left. With a couple of days sales not included in those figures that suggested to me a crowd of 7000 or more.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have Argyle released their commemorative tea towel yet?

Oldsmobile-88

So in the end about 1900 off capacity.
The section of L block that was used for Argyle fans was not sold out by the look of it,from where I was sat in K.

K block was apparently sold out (this block is used for corporate bookings now,except for a dozen or so ST holders) Not all seats were taken (approx 15% vacant).

Around 5 k home fans is a decent enough turnout these days...Lucky to be 2.5k for the next home fixture.

Rabid Doug

There were 2 Argyle fans in J Block (seats 20 and 19, row m). When Argyle scored their first goal they both jumped up and cheered. The immediate verbal and physical response they received meant it was safer for their well being for them to be taken to the away end. Not the brighest of people, Argyle fans, certainly not the best dressed either.

Last edited: