• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford united -v- Exeter City checkatrade trophy official match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As I'm not going, then I've donated to the Supporters boycott fund - http://www.exetercitysupportersclub.com/checkatrade-trophy-boycott.html

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm going to be a scab tonight, haven't been able to get to any games so far. That's my excuse for attending and I'm sticking to it.

As I'll be saying to the bloke sat next to me...."OOOIIIIIIIIII!!!" (with apologies to Jasper Carrott)
(facepalm)

The bigger picture, always let down by the selfish few. Was amazed that there were Blackpool fans turning up for their game vs us, but there's always someone!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
(facepalm)

The bigger picture, always let down by the selfish few. Was amazed that there were Blackpool fans turning up for their game vs us, but there's always someone!
Selfish. Yes, I'm very selfish indeed. How dare I wish to turn up to support my team, even if not wishing to support this lame duck of a trophy. Attending City matches is a rare(ish) treat for me, quite frankly I'll grab whatever chance I can get. Those who get to go every week perhaps won't understand.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
(facepalm)

It's a free country.

Good open letter here from the Against League 3 people http://www.againstleague3.co.uk/open-letter-supporters-ahead-bteamboycott/

Grecian Max

Of course it's a free country, Jason is free to do what he wants.

As it is a free country, I believe freedom of speech is also allowed? In my opinion, it is a selfish act without properly considering the bigger picture. I'm not "berating" Jason as that open letter suggests not to do, just giving a straight opinion. Posting it up on here, including the scab reference... Jason wanted the attention and people's comments, and now he's got it.

FYI Jason, I can't go every week either :)

Or do you not want to discuss the boycott?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect while it's not "berating" the tone does, in your own inimitable style of playing the poster rather than necessarily the post, come across as deeply condescending.

I'm well aware of the depth of feeling around this trophy and its new format (and particularly the new entrants) even if I don't necessarily feel it totally myself - and I only made the decision to attend in the last few days having weighed everything up and found my desire to get to see City play, what with almost certainly having to miss our various London(ish) games during October, trumped the feeling of "solidarity" with my fellow supporters.

But hey, I'm big enough and ugly enough to deal with the slings and arrows that may head my way. I just want to see a City match, I feel bereft otherwise.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

(facepalm)

I thought this post was a joke until I saw your follow up. One of the unintentionally funniest posts on here in years. Fantastically sanctimonious and patronising. Good work.

Grecian Max

I thought this post was a joke until I saw your follow up. One of the unintentionally funniest posts on here in years. Fantastically sanctimonious and patronising. Good work.
Pleased with my work. Time to log off exeweb again!

Grecian Max

I suspect while it's not "berating" the tone does, in your own inimitable style of playing the poster rather than necessarily the post, come across as deeply condescending.

I'm well aware of the depth of feeling around this trophy and its new format (and particularly the new entrants) even if I don't necessarily feel it totally myself - and I only made the decision to attend in the last few days having weighed everything up and found my desire to get to see City play, what with almost certainly having to miss our various London(ish) games during October, trumped the feeling of "solidarity" with my fellow supporters.

But hey, I'm big enough and ugly enough to deal with the slings and arrows that may head my way. I just want to see a City match, I feel bereft otherwise.
Valid points Jason, and apologies if I was a bit abrasive in my approach.