• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

RyanPugh

Yeovil Town midfielder Iffy Allen has joined Torquay United on a permanent deal.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeovil Town midfielder Iffy Allen has joined Torquay United on a permanent deal.
I hope for their sakes he's not too iffy.

DB9

10 points from safety an with games running out. If their fortunes don't change an start picking up some wins its not looking good for them. Does anyone know if they went down to the Conf South could they stay full time an are there any full time clubs at that level?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're 10 points adrift of the 20th placed club (Altrincham). A mate of mine who supports them says they have "several easy games" coming up against teams around them. I pointed out to him that these other teams would also be scrapping like hell to try and get out of the mire.................

Avening Posse

Come on the deck chair attendants, need you to get back to where you belong guys....Devon together....apart from the Cornish

Number13

10 points from safety an with games running out. If their fortunes don't change an start picking up some wins its not looking good for them. Does anyone know if they went down to the Conf South could they stay full time an are there any full time clubs at that level?
Ebbsfleet who are running away with it are full time but, as far as I know, no other clubs are. However, when you get down to this level (where I coach), the boundaries between "Full Time" and "Part Time" are blurred. There are players who individually pick up enough to not have proper jobs or the travel to the club means they dont have proper jobs but the club doesnt pay all the players the same

It mostly comes down to the training pattern the club / manager want which will dictate who they can sign

Mr.Sparkle

Kidderminster win again, Torquay now bottom! Maybe the new stadium won't be needed?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Attendance at the home game tonight to Macclesfield in the FA Trophy was 838! They drew 3-3 and now face a replay when they should have been facing Halifax in a bottom of the table scrap.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope for their sakes he's not too iffy.
Allen could be the key to their resurgence.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kidderminster win again, Torquay now bottom! Maybe the new stadium won't be needed?
Very worrying times for their supporters they are effectively 11 points from safety as Halifax have conceded 9 goals less. It ain't looking good.