• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tisdale went

CC

A successful, proven manager (whose father was also extremely successful) who likes to attack and is prepared to go out and look for players from lower leaguers rather than wait for players at the end of their careers to come to us would not be the right person?

LL
I don't think Nigel Clough will leave Sheff Utd for us!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Who suggested we shouldn't?
Just meant that the fact Tisdale has bought youth through doesn't mean he is worth keeping.

Jammers20

There would be plenty of candidates as already stated. This would be typical Exeter, "Oh we couldn't possibly get rid of Tisdale as the next man might not do as good a job". Its total crap and negative thinking. As far as I'm concerned any manager brought in as long as they dipped into the transfer / loan market and got a decent CB and a decent lower league striker. and attacked teams at home that would be success IMHO.

Antony Moxey

Wrong on many fronts. For a starter he hasn't lost my confidence so the word 'fans' is not all inclusive. Plus we are NOT a poor team nor are we a dreadful team by any stretch of the imagination. Ian has it spot on above.
He didn't say it was all inclusive, but I'd suggest it's inclusive enough. And yes, we are a poor team and we are dreadful. Look at our home record for the last three seasons and that will confirm it. You can point to our away record but so what - average the two out and we're a lower to mid table bottom division club. Which is poor.

So perhaps it's you who's wrong on many fronts.

geoffwp

He didn't say it was all inclusive, but I'd suggest it's inclusive enough. And yes, we are a poor team and we are dreadful. Look at our home record for the last three seasons and that will confirm it. You can point to our away record but so what - average the two out and we're a lower to mid table bottom division club. Which is poor.

So perhaps it's you who's wrong on many fronts.
Actually he did make it all inclusive Ant. 'He has lost the fans confidence' rather than some of or most of. Picky perhaps but it isn't all. No we aren't inherently poor or dreadful even though that display was both poor and dreadful. I still think there is enough quality at the managers disposal to create a team that can be more of a success. Can he do it might be a different discussion, but the materials are there.

Antony Moxey

Hmm, I think that means you're wrong on many fronts then.

Jammers20

Actually he did make it all inclusive Ant. 'He has lost the fans confidence' rather than some of or most of. Picky perhaps but it isn't all. No we aren't inherently poor or dreadful even though that display was both poor and dreadful. I still think there is enough quality at the managers disposal to create a team that can be more of a success. Can he do it might be a different discussion, but the materials are there.
Really? Our only really quality left for Swansea. I think the rest of our squad is average to good at best. Wheeler stands out amongst the crowd and maybe sercs, other than that we have no one worth getting excited about. Then Tisdale is playing those players in the wrong positions and in a system the blatantly either they cant play. or doesn't work at this level.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
My only concern would be that Perryman and Tagg would be responsible for the replacement. I want Tisdale out but if we gave the job to someone with a poor track record things could get worse. However, I agree that we would get a lot of interest. The likes of Beattie would be good but I'd also be keen to take a punt on a manager from non league who has had success at that level.

Sadly it is academic as Tisdale will probably be here for some time yet.

Thames Valley Red

Just put him on gardening leave and bring a new manager into play and provide them £100k for investment in players!

hatch4england

I am of the view that Tisdale inherited a better team than he has now. Anyone disagree?