• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uruguay v England

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
When do the fixtures for the next World Cup come out?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Naive performance. We chased it like headless chickens and while we needed to go for the win we should never have lost it in last ten minutes.

Would say it's time for the older heads to retire now.

Grecian_Jay

Couldn't expect much more with Roy in charge.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stevie G's time is up. Don't know why Roy selected both him and Lampard. Bit of a waste IMO.

tavyred

Our terminal decline continues apace. Club obsessed players supported by club obsessed supporters wonder why international football is so difficult.

Grecian_Jay

Look at Suarez's reaction, it says it all. He may look like a ****with his crying but those countries show their passion and they want it.

I actually don't have much of a problem with the players passion in this tournament. 2010 they didn't try, this time they did but just wern't good enough.

I just think that the foreign players are so patriotic and care so much about their countries that it helps them.

tavyred

Look at Suarez's reaction, it says it all. He may look like a ****with his crying but those countries show their passion and they want it.

I actually don't have much of a problem with the players passion in this tournament. 2010 they didn't try, this time they did but just wern't good enough.

I just think that the foreign players are so patriotic and care so much about their countries that it helps them.
Spot on as usual Jay,emotional engagement with international football is a mystery to the likes of Rooney et al. Not since Gazza and Pyscho have I seen an England player show me anything like the passion that is commonplace in most other international teams.Beckham had a go at it but was booted out of Man U by Fergie and ostracized by the Old Trafford faithful for giving a feck about England.We should make our useless bunch of millionaires watch how the England rugby team tomorrow give of themselves emotionally and physically, it might be an epiphany for some of them.

Grecian_Jay

This ****ed me off from Hodgeson earlier in the week. Why give that kind of player any ammo. all he is saying is how **** England must be if we can't contain a 'not world class player' who was in a wheelchair 3 weeks ago!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-not-world-class-yet-7271527

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our slim hopes just got slimmer. Costa Rica take a 1-0 lead just before half time.

angelic upstart

Spot on as usual Jay,emotional engagement with international football is a mystery to the likes of Rooney et al. Not since Gazza and Pyscho have I seen an England player show me anything like the passion that is commonplace in most other international teams.Beckham had a go at it but was booted out of Man U by Fergie and ostracized by the Old Trafford faithful for giving a feck about England.We should make our useless bunch of millionaires watch how the England rugby team tomorrow give of themselves emotionally and physically, it might be an epiphany for some of them.
Much as I wouldn't have him near the team if we had a decent keeper but Joe Hart is the only one who proudly sings the anthem and he genuinely looks like he cares.