• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Annual Awards 2013

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
P.S. When do the polls close ?
*ahem*...............

Rules are unchanged, you have until the end of December 2013 to vote in the following categories:

StroudGrecian

Many thanks to those who have got the ball rolling already.

*Announcement*
You have only one vote per category. Those who have voted already may wish to clarify their early ambiguous efforts, otherwise it's over to Rae to make sense of it all.

StroudGrecian

Could I also draw your attention to:

In the event of a tie, the best completion of the following sentence will be deemed the winner:

"Paul Tisdale must stay because...."
You should complete the tie-break question at the same time as you vote, but you may have up to THREE goes at the tie-break question before the ballot box lid comes crashing down at New Year. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE-BREAK, ONLY YOUR FIRST THREE ATTEMPTS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. Obviously those who have completed the tie-break question stand a better chance of winning than those who have not.

Enjoy! (TM Sturtz)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, my tie-breaker:

Paul Tisdale must stay because I want his babies.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry Stroudy:

"Paul Tisdale must stay because he's rolling, rolling, rolling ... (Rawhide)"

Alistair20000

*ahem*...............
Thank you Stroudy. Very kind, very human. The ACQ is having a bad effect, especially as I thought you had set me up with a tap in earlier today.

LOG

Quick question from the back please.

What's the tie-breaker actually for? To decide a tie between what? I know i had it in but i was just copying from the year before and didn't really think about it.

Alistair20000

I will vote once I have assiduously reviewed my notes.

Meanwhile for the tie breaker (whatever its purpose):

Paul Tisdale must stay as his presence totally pis**s orf our Jay.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
LOG, the tie breaker has a dual role. Primarily (and, more than likely, theoretically) it is there should one or more voting categories be determined as numerically identical at the final count. In actuality, however, there's more chance of witnessing Tis belching and farting the national anthem at half-time. So it's secondary role is to allow an impressive peacock display of the wit and wisdom synonymous with so many exewebers.*
As for adding forgotten answers at a later stage, I have no real problem with that. I've waited years for the opportunity to spend New Years Eve at home in my curlers, campari at the ready and sweaty mitts bashing away at my abacus.

*Don't forget the EAA GA Special Award for Best Tie-Breaker.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Quick question from the back please.

What's the tie-breaker actually for? To decide a tie between what? I know i had it in but i was just copying from the year before and didn't really think about it.
You know, when people poll the same number of votes, rather than getting some floozy to just pick you, you actually have a fair, transparent and accountable system for deciding the winner.

:mad: