• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool United Official Matchday Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
We were sh*t. end of
Thankfully so were they.

Willy Nilly

Positives:

I didn't go and so have £20 in the bank.

A clean sheet.

However, it's a shame we couldn't sneak this one and close that gap to Tranmere. I think we're in big trouble if we don't keep in touch that the pack from Tranmere up.

dommers

I think it was a even game with both sides cancelling each other out. We could have perhaps edged it at end but a win probably wouldn't have been deserved.

Antony Moxey

Match report now up on the Official Site.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
You knew that was "bullsh*t". Name me a manager who wouldn't like to see his team scoring 3 a game..If he had the answer we would have seen it before the middle of January
You calling him a liar Malc?

LL

A Slacker

Very, very poor game. 2nd half was marginally better than the first. Troy dealt with everything in the air but misplaced or miskicked everything on the ground. Artur was alert and in charge and looked confident. The midfield was unimaginative at best. Bauza and Logie had shockers. Nards looked our most dangerous player when he actually got the ball. Ref was frustrating - the tackle on Sercs that led to him going off was a Kompany style tackle that actually took the man - consistency?

Very, very frustrating game but I look forward to the Charlton game with naive enthusiasm.

Antony Moxey

Surprise surprise a completely boring game. I make that about 90% of home games this season.

Not one player played well and no one can argue that.
Poor substitution.from Tisdale when Sercs went off, Bennett should have come on allowing Noble to go further forward. Taylor looked like he didn't know where to play.
I will. I thought Duffy was head and shoulders above everyone today, and although his distribution was awful Troy had the beating of their forwards all day long. They had one shot on target all game. One.

UTC Big Bank

controversial maybe and I am by no means his biggest fan but I thought Noble played well in the middle and put a lot in today, I also thought Duffy and Artur had good games, just saying...

Alistair20000

I will. I thought Duffy was head and shoulders above everyone today, and although his distribution was awful Troy had the beating of their forwards all day long. They had one shot on target all game. One.
They had a long range one in the second half that was hit bloody hard that only just went over. Think Artur had it covered though.

Do you write it all down, make a tape recording or remember it all Ant ? Serious question.

Alistair20000

controversial maybe and I am by no means his biggest fan but I thought Noble played well in the middle and put a lot in today, I also thought Duffy and Artur had good games, just saying...
Nobody should disagree too much with that from what I saw.

Last edited: