• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out !!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps he has taken us as far as he can and yes he has in the past attracted the attention of some bigger clubs that he would only naturally be tempted by but until the day comes that he does leave[ and imo it will be sooner rather than later]we've just got to hope that he pulls us out of the mess we're in,if anyone can surely it's him.
Assuming he did turn down the various offers of management at a higher level, I would assume that all those vacancies have been adaquately filled. Dont you think his appeal to a bigger club one day has diminished, with us being in 23rd spot in the league? Other bigger clubs go on a managers performance up to the present day. I dont think any of his previous achievements would appeal any more TBH.

DJH2005

We'll if we dont get anything on saturday at Sheff Wed (miracle needed) and we lose at home the following saturday against an Oldham team unbeaten in the last four games, I think it could be Tis's big decision time, based on the above.
Are we going bust in the next two to three weeks then?

DJH2005

Other bigger clubs go on a managers performance up to the present day. I dont think any of his previous achievements would appeal any more TBH.
Explain Mickey Adams, et all.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Mr Tis isn't leaving any time soon. And he relishes a challenge ...

FAN-TATIC

Assuming he did turn down the various offers of management at a higher level, I would assume that all those vacancies have been adaquately filled. Dont you think his appeal to a bigger club one day has diminished, with us being in 23rd spot in the league? Other bigger clubs go on a managers performance up to the present day. I dont think any of his previous achievements would appeal any more TBH.
I really can't believe you have written your ultimate comment Pete. Has your time in the old US of A erased from your mind the idio-syncrasies of professional football?

Failed managers leave one club and are instantly signed up by another with
remarkable consistently. Wilson, Ince, Megson, McLaren, to name but a few. It is
and has been happening season in season out for as long as I can remember. It's
what Poults recently refered to the as the manager's 'merry go round'.

Last edited:

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
The worst scenario will be if Tis eventually has a fully fit "1st team" squad available, has tried several loanees, it's nearing Christmas and we haven't managed to re-establish a potential match winning formula and are still languishing in the bottom 3 relegation positions. At that point I believe Tis will be extremely worried and then will be seriously thinking about his future and moving on. The best scenario will be much of the above BUT we do start winning a few games, the season is coming to a conclusion and we are just going to be between the relagation places and mid table. Then Tis will say to himself "Do I want to go through all that again next season only for the team to be between poor and mediocrity in League 1?". The answer should be "No" and we know what he will decide. I know from our club's and MOST fans points of view, these are the best times for a long time, but Tis will want more.
The next couple of weeks and then the months leading up to Christmas will be interesting and I see this thread as being a 'biggy'. All IMO! Glad it is back hopefully with just a few less personal attacks on posters that can be bothered to be involved in both Exeweb and ACTUALLY watching the games.

ECFCHUNTY

tisdale will be at bristol city very soon.

No not at all seeing that we are only 9 games into a 46 game season. If we are still there after 25-35 games maybe, but at the moment no. At the end of the day a lot of chairmen will look at him and say that the fact he has managed to keep little old skint Exeter in League 1 for the past 3 seasons as well as getting a couple of promotions previously means that he would be worth 'taking a risk' on.

Last edited:

supergulls

tisdale will be at bristol city very soon.

Or maybe even Bristol Rovers with Buckle comming your way ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We'll if we dont get anything on saturday at Sheff Wed (miracle needed) and we lose at home the following saturday against an Oldham team unbeaten in the last four games, I think it could be Tis's big decision time, based on the above.
Dream on Pete fella dream on....

City could lose everygame untill Xmas , when are you gonna realise City as a club wont sack him no chance.