• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Hargreaves - EXETER City youth coach

Fez Army HQ - somewhere behind enemy lines ..
Taken from Tuesday's Echo ..

EXETER City youth coach and former Torquay United midfielder Chris Hargreaves has lent his support to Exeter Harriers as his new Sports Republic shop is sponsoring their open meeting this evening.

The Harriers and a number of other local clubs will compete at Exeter Arena tonight, with the meeting beginning at 6pm.

Hargreaves, who made more than 100 appearances for the Gulls in a three-year stint at Plainmoor, has given his backing to the athletics club that both his son and daughter attend.

He now coaches the Exeter under-16s side and runs the sports and lifestyle shop in Sidmouth.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already (a cursory search didnt reveal anything to suggest it has) but isn't this the fella we were all giving it large to, back in the day, re; caravans & so forth ... ?

Anyone know if he's had a haircut yet?

journeyman

He's been a coach at youth set up for years, I think I'm right in saying even when we beat them in the 2008 POs

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taken from Tuesday's Echo ..

EXETER City youth coach and former Torquay United midfielder Chris Hargreaves has lent his support to Exeter Harriers as his new Sports Republic shop is sponsoring their open meeting this evening.

The Harriers and a number of other local clubs will compete at Exeter Arena tonight, with the meeting beginning at 6pm.

Hargreaves, who made more than 100 appearances for the Gulls in a three-year stint at Plainmoor, has given his backing to the athletics club that both his son and daughter attend.

He now coaches the Exeter under-16s side and runs the sports and lifestyle shop in Sidmouth.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already (a cursory search didnt reveal anything to suggest it has) but isn't this the fella we were all giving it large to, back in the day, re; caravans & so forth ... ?

Anyone know if he's had a haircut yet?
He has had a haircut Steve :)

He lives in Digby and uses the Exmouth line quite a bit and has been on my trains a couple of times

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, he's not the youth coach, just the under 16s side?

And in other news Wimbledon shock Liverpool to win the FA Cup... :D

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
And in other news Wimbledon shock Liverpool to win the FA Cup... :D
When I went to Sydney for the Test at New Year, in our group was Clive Goodyear, who played an important and memorable role in that game.

When I went to Sydney for the Test at New Year, in our group was Clive Goodyear, who played an important and memorable role in that game.
Was he tethered to his blimp?!

wemissmoxey

Opening a sport shop in a small coastal resort, strange move given the current climate however I wish him luck with it.

Last edited:
There are some nice caravan parks around Sidmouth!

LammieLammieLammie

And was the victim of a SHOCKING decision IIRC...