• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'BIG' news tomorrow

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
What I would like to see is confirmation that the lease actually has been extended because that would be fantastic news. There is a world of difference between the Council giving a favourable nod and a legally binding document.

Last edited by a moderator:

MickStagraget

What I would like to see is confirmation that the lease actually has been extended because that would be fantastic news.
To my mind that's actually more important than the news that we might be knocking down the OG in 2 years if things go right and we get a partner onboard and get the planning office to agree to the proposals.

Phil Sayers

The correct post would have been "Having so many students nearby gives the club an opportunity to create a whole new set of life long City fans
You raise a very valid point. Back in 05-06 I did a one year course at Exeter Uni and managed to get several of my fellow students hooked without even trying that hard. Two have stayed in the area and now have season tickets while a couple more have left but will watch us whenever they are back or there is a convenient away game.

As much as they are criticised on this website I wouldn't be surprised if 500 or more out of our average gate consists of people either at the Uni or those who started supporting while they were at the Uni.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The correct post would have been "Having so many students nearby gives the club an opportunity to create a whole new set of life long City fans, many of whom maybe attending their first ever proper football match. We need to find ways of encouraging them to visit the Park, as has happened before, where many City fan's only relationship with the City of Exeter is that they went to its fine university and fell in love with its football team".
Nice one Hants. You haven't been accessing my emails to the BOS have you? This post is almost a reiteration of the start of a post I made to the BOS earlier today!

The correct post would have been "Having so many students nearby gives the club an opportunity to create a whole new set of life long City fans, many of whom maybe attending their first ever proper football match. We need to find ways of encouraging them to visit the Park, as has happened before, where many City fan's only relationship with the City of Exeter is that they went to its fine university and fell in love with its football team".

Now doesn't that read so much more positively?
Yes - hope though that the Big Bank flats have no windows overlooking the ground - else no extra revenue, but quite a few student parties on match day!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes - hope though that the Big Bank flats have no windows overlooking the ground - else no extra revenue, but quite a few student parties on match day!
On the other hand we will not have a problem in letting them.......and at decent rates.

Poultice

On the other hand we will not have a problem in letting them.......and at decent rates.
Unless of course it is an all ticket game and they haven't already donated at least two parts of their anatomy to the Trust, or one of the myriad of other status bestowing 'In Crowds'.

malcolms

This looks fantastic imo.

I know we haven't yet achieved anything concrete (pun intended), though hopefully we have the council on side regarding both the lease extension and the development, which would be a great start and may justify Chorlton's chairmanship on its own if he has been instrumental.

Now that Malcolm's dark hints about shady deals have been put to bed and even Poults sounds rather more constructive than this morning, is it too rosetinted to hope we can all just pull together and do everything possible to make this happen? Long long way to go of course but we're clearly closer than we ever have been so this is pretty much sh*t or bust...
Dark hints? clearly you have no idea and the questions are still out there...

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Fantastic news , brilliant to see Tisdale so commited to the future as well...

This club has moved so far in such a short space of time....

credit must go to the manager especially , but off the field too , fantastic...

never stand still as a football club always move foward....

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Not an easy gig to get when you look at the competition.
It's your gig, nailed on judging by this thread... Although your more recent posts today have been a bit more useful.

Serious question then: If the plans go ahead and it all works out eventually and they please even you, will you come to SJP and watch football? Is the club now being run in a manner that would attract you to the City for beers and footy?