• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Westboro Baptist Church & Louis Theroux

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
By all means feel free to take religious books literally and go quite insane over it, however at least read the bible. If you do you will find your opinion on the Antichrist and the Beast is completely at odds with what the word of God says.

Last edited:

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
By all means feel free to take religious books literally and go quite insane over it, however at least read the bible. If you do you will find your opinion on the Antichrist and the Beast is completely at odds with what the word of God says.
An early candidate for the "WTF is he talking about award"

So all catholics are insane, somebody, although there is little guidance as to who, holds a flawed view of AC and the Beast, and our sad deluded poster seems to believe that some anodyne jottings in a compilation of stories is the work of someone called God.

There was me thinking the WBC boys were on drugs.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
An early candidate for the "WTF is he talking about award"

So all catholics are insane, somebody, although there is little guidance as to who, holds a flawed view of AC and the Beast, and our sad deluded poster seems to believe that some anodyne jottings in a compilation of stories is the work of someone called God.

There was me thinking the WBC boys were on drugs.
I think you misunderstand me sir. I was using their language. They say the Bible is the word of God, but seem to be making up certain parts of their doctrine that are not in the Bible.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
however at least read the bible. If you do you will find your opinion on the Antichrist and the Beast is completely at odds with what the word of God says.
In what way??

As a side note I just dont understand how they can preach that God Hates the world!!! It says that God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not die but have enternal life John 3:16

They have by passed that God loves everyone....Its the sin He hates

Tada

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
In what way??
Well for starters the Beast is not the same as the Antichrist. The Beast in revelation is a many headed creature that comes out of the sea, often interpreted to have been referring to Rome (the beast has 7 heads while Rome was built on 7 hills). The Antichrist as is generally seen (ie the one from the omen) is not in the Bible. The term Antichrist is used very differently in John, which is the only place it appears. John states anyone who does not acknowledge Christ is an Antichrist. There is no mention in the Bible of the Antichrist as the son of Satan or as heralding the end of days. So saying Obama is the Antichrist and the Beast and this is a sign of the end is not backed up by the Bible.

It's one of the biggest misconceptions about what is in the Bible, along with angels and hell.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well for starters the Beast is not the same as the Antichrist. The Beast in revelation is a many headed creature that comes out of the sea, often interpreted to have been referring to Rome (the beast has 7 heads while Rome was built on 7 hills). The Antichrist as is generally seen (ie the one from the omen) is not in the Bible. The term Antichrist is used very differently in John, which is the only place it appears. John states anyone who does not acknowledge Christ is an Antichrist. There is no mention in the Bible of the Antichrist as the son of Satan or as heralding the end of days. So saying Obama is the Antichrist and the Beast and this is a sign of the end is not backed up by the Bible.

It's one of the biggest misconceptions about what is in the Bible, along with angels and hell.
Sorry, slight mistake there. The Antichrist is mentioned 4 times in John. Each time it is used in the same way though. An example being John 2:1:7.

Poultice

I think you misunderstand me sir. I was using their language.
Then kindly attribute your comments in future, I spent long hard milliseconds thinking you were off your trolley there.

Please feel free to continue arguing the t*ss with Lez.

From a personal viewpoint I quite like the WBC, they are the sort of people who make me feel much better about myself.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then kindly attribute your comments in future, I spent long hard milliseconds thinking you were off your trolley there.

Please feel free to continue arguing the t*ss with Lez.

From a personal viewpoint I quite like the WBC, they are the sort of people who make me feel much better about myself.
My apologies, I realise afterwards that I should have perhaps included quotation marks to make myself clearer. I can only exprfess my regret at your valuable time wasted and assure you it will not happen again.

tavyred

I look forward to Old Louis shining his liberal/atheist 'torch of truth' on other distortions of one of the main faiths in the future, perhaps a trip to one of our northern towns is in order.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Same reason I'd have no problems with the Scientology lot if they weren't involved in organised murder :p