• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Kellow RIP

being Tony's nephew, i can confirm that the posts stating he was found unscious are 100% NOT TRUE, despite what may have been said on thisisexeter.co.uk.facts should be known before rubbish statements are made.
Our family are very upset by this nonsense but would like to thank everybody for their kind words and tributes.
What a legend Exeter City and the Kellow family had amongst them.
RIP uncle TONY
My thoughts are with you & your family Steve!

Tony was my child hood hero. He will never ever be forgotten by me!

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
They say you should never meet your heroes. What a load of rubbish that statement is... I met him for the first time nearly 35 years ago as I ran onto the pitch with hundreds of others as a 12 year old trying to get an autograph after a big game... he signed a scrappy peice of paper and apologised for the bad signature, as he said he was being jostled.

When Fullsy and I talked about an idea for an internet radio show that was put to us 5 years ago we thought long and hard about the name, and there was only ever going to be one winner.

What a privilige to see him play. I'm too young to really remember Banks and Binney, but Kells, he was different gravy from anything I'd ever seen before in the red and white. People quite rightly remember his goals, but his first touch was incredible.... and as for his work rate, well, like has been said , the man upstairs now has a heck of a strike force.

RIP mate.

Last edited:

Ecfc_4_Life

He was well before my time .. But from what ive heard, a real city legend
May the generations ahead be told of Tony and stannos Contributions to the club.
From a Very Young City Fan :)

Last edited:

Fuser

The best we've ever had.

RIP Tony.

What a privilige to see him play. I'm too young to really remember Banks and Binney, but Kells, he was different gravy from anything I'd ever seen before in the red and white. People quite rightly remember his goals, but his first touch was incredible.... and as for his work rate, well, like has been said , the man upstairs now has a heck of a strike force.

RIP mate.
My sentiments exactly. Tony and Alan Beer up front. Good enough for any dream team

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Steve Kellow - thanks for the update. Best wishes to you and all the family.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I find it difficult to comment on someone who i never saw play

RIP.

LammieLammieLammie

I find it difficult to comment on someone who i never saw play

RIP.
Look at his first touch for the first goal mate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQ2zoNhWjQ

portland red

RIP Kells, true city legend!!

Antony Moxey

The word legend is often bandied about undeservedly, but Tony Kellow is as legendary as it comes. Even though it's over 20 years since he last donned the red and white, his goal scoring feats remain unbeaten, and more than likely will never be surpassed. One of the greatest City players ever, today is a sad day for Grecians the world over.

RIP Kells.