• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Saturday 12th February - Notts County v ECFC Prediction Thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
clutching at straws, hope they have one eye on trip to man city. Think the cup replay is this midweek.

Willy Nilly

Richard. Do you live on Portland?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Just for info, I believe the M5 is being closed from 8pm to 7am on Saturday/Sunday night just north of junction 29 so that the new cycle bridge can be craned into place. This will probably affect those wishing to get back into Exeter including travelling coaches. Diversions via Honiton or Cullompton/Broadclyst I imagine.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Richard. Do you live on Portland?
yep, why do you ask?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
clutching at straws, hope they have one eye on trip to man city. Think the cup replay is this midweek.
Man City are in Europe this coming week, so the replay is next Saturday. Lets hope they are thinking about that game.

Grecian_Jay

Obviously not quite so bright yourself. Be it intentional or not, if you play four central midfielders in a four man midfield you'll end up with some kind of diamond shape (it might be a bit rough mind). This is because the two players who were meant to play wide will naturally come inside which is exactly what Sercombe and Harley did in the last two games against Southampton and Brentford. We don't have the full backs who can do the length of the pitch with only two centre halves (the third centre half gives Tulls and Goldborne the insurance policy of cover if they get caught forward) and this cuts the width to our play.
As for being a spastic, get out from your little hidey hole behind your keyboard, come and say it to my face and then I'll kindly help you up on to your feet again. I'll take most insults but not that........
And why do you think that is Greasy? It's because of lack of discipline coming from Tis and the coaches. If you are told to go and play left mid and not to roam around then that is what you do. If you are told ot go play left mid but go where the ball is then obviously you are going to roam.

Tis needs to be saying to these guys "Look this is your position and this is where you are playing, I don't want to see you stray from here, keep the width" etc. He obviously isn't doing this and if he is then the players aren't listening. Either way it has to come from him.

Now if you start with a conventional structured diamond then Edwards/Troy sit in front of back 4 and protect them without going past the ball. Easy. Then you have Dunne and Sercs whose jobs it is to keep the central mid ticking over and the full-backs being Goldie and Tully will push up the flanks as well offering a little width. Then you have Noble/Harley in behind the front 2 basically with a free role so he can do what he wants to add some creativity. He should be the only one who can vnture from his position and can even drop back i with Dunne and Sercs.

Hardly rocket science stuff but pretty common sense if you ask me.

redrobin

have got to learn to defend far post leaking to many from deep crosses,that said 2-1 city

PINHOE RED

Keeping the same side isnt exactly the best way to address their poor performance is it? The fact Tis said he wants to re main consistent & not change is a bit worrying.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Beer festival at the Canal House Bar to the north west of the station.

Vat and Fiddle pub almost opposite station next to Castle Rock brewery (my preferred)

The Globe across London Road near the ground.

The Trent Bridge Inn and Southbank Bar just over the Trent Bridge!

All good venues for a tipple.

Leave Hooters alone!!:p

3-1 Notts C*nty...

Last edited:
3-0 to County. Slippery slope continues all the way 'til the end of the season with Plymouth at home being the relegation decider between the two clubs.