• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

a run for stanno update (positivity only please i only want to say thanks...)

grecianred

just a lil update really to say thank you so much to all of you who kindly donated to mine, paul's, other paul and cara's endeavours in the run to huish park.

hopefully i can be indulged in creating a new thread even though i know theres an existing one and i get know electronic 'sighs' (frankly i can't handle that after two days on a pretty intensive course in development viability).

the generosity of city fans not to mention our friends down the road and many others yielded a massive £3202.92 to a great cause in cancer research (which when you add in gift aid takes us £3500+).

anyways this is all, i am off to continue my championship play off push with city on the brink of the prem...

nick

www.justgiving.com/arunforstanno

stuartsdog

well done grecianred top man

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Do you really think the Mods would interfere with anyone mad enough to run from Exeter to Yeovil? Of course not ... ;)

A very serious well done to you both and it's a nice opportunity to revisit your incredible feat (and feet!).

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh no no no no no, thank you.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nick

I am in awe of you guys, I'm dreading running 5km next year let alone the distance you mad lot ran. Massive amount raised and you should all be very proud.

Just one question, are you gonna make it an annual event ;)

grecianred

erm it won't be annual by any means. i am doing the great west run probably for the stansfield foundation this time. if i did it again it'd have to be the other way round (yeovil to exeter - more downhills.)

toast

Put me in 4 a tenner

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
erm it won't be annual by any means. i am doing the great west run probably for the stansfield foundation this time. if i did it again it'd have to be the other way round (yeovil to exeter - more downhills.)
That would probably be a better idea, and the Great West Run will be a piece of cake after this ;)

I will come to you for training tips when I start my training for the 5km run as part of the Great West Run.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will come to you for training tips when I start my training for the 5km run as part of the Great West Run.
Respect, I can do the equivalent of 10k on a machine, but doing it on the road, my knees and ankles would never work again.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Respect, I can do the equivalent of 10k on a machine, but doing it on the road, my knees and ankles would never work again.
I'm not even sure mine will hold up either ;)