• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2023/24

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder which one of these young Grecians is destined to follow in the footsteps of our academy graduates plying their trade in the Premiership ?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's always one muppet who turns his back on the camera to chat to his mate behind ! :p

Bridgy 81

There's always one muppet who turns his back on the camera to chat to his mate behind ! :p
When I was at senior school every year they took one of those wide photographs of all the pupils together.
I think the camera was on some sort of device which took a few seconds to go from one side of the group to the other, with us under instructions to stay still until told otherwise.
But one year one boy, who was stood at an end, legged it around the back when the camera moved passed him and got to the other end before it caught up.
Presumably he thought it was funny appearing in the official portrait twice, I think the school had a different view.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was at senior school every year they took one of those wide photographs of all the pupils together.
I think the camera was on some sort of device which took a few seconds to go from one side of the group to the other, with us under instructions to stay still until told otherwise.
But one year one boy, who was stood at an end, legged it around the back when the camera moved passed him and got to the other end before it caught up.
Presumably he thought it was funny appearing in the official portrait twice, I think the school had a different view.
Surely their aren't 2 Bridgy 81s ?

Bridgy 81

Surely their aren't 2 Bridgy 81s ?
Not guilty, on that occasion.

Colesman Ballz

Same happened at my school, but iirc he "got away with it", as his father was on the Board of Governors ! :cool:

andrew p long

Ouch!

Spoonz Red E

Just a friendly against Argyle to come before their season wraps.

Argyle, of course, one of the few teams we've beaten this season in the Youth Alliance :)

I hope the Youth can get back to a more normal and better matched set of team line-ups next season.
Whether the younger players have benefited from the adversity or been demoralised remains to be seen.

Rosencrantz

Just a friendly against Argyle to come before their season wraps.

Argyle, of course, one of the few teams we've beaten this season in the Youth Alliance :)

I hope the Youth can get back to a more normal and better matched set of team line-ups next season.
Whether the younger players have benefited from the adversity or been demoralised remains to be seen.
Hopefully a lot less injury among the scholars next season so they can get a decent level of consistency of selection as you say. I guess a few will still go out on loan to local clubs as it has to be about what best serves the individual player's development.