• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your retained list

Ash

He's had some great performances for Gloucester and scored a few goals as well. Has made a real nuisance of himself in games.
If by 'a few', you mean 2, then I agree. Maybe he is good enough for Conference South, League 2 is a big jump up and we don't have the budget to waste on players who probably won't make it. Money better spent elsewhere.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
When Torquay go down , id like us to try and pinch a few , Bodin & Mansell would walk into our side as would Benyon.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If by 'a few', you mean 2, then I agree. Maybe he is good enough for Conference South, League 2 is a big jump up and we don't have the budget to waste on players who probably won't make it. Money better spent elsewhere.
By a few, he means 3.

http://cof.tigerroar.co.uk/showthread.php?556-Exeter-City-fan-here

Only a few replies but the Gloucester fans certainly seem to rate him.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I don't think its easy to make an accurate judgement. Gosling scored a good goal on what I think was his debut and made a few appearances before he was singled out with a first half substitution against Dagenham? . He hasn't been given any sort of chance this season but I believe he featured in the u21 cup run as a regular. He appears to have done well in his loan spell at a lower level but we really don't have the insight as to what he does in training as to whether Tisdale is right or wrong to not include him.

Nichols is an example of someone I questioned why he was still at the club, and all of a sudden he got a chance and has been a regular since. I agree we only have certain resources so no point keeping loads of youngsters who don't feature. I would however like to see him get a chance in the side even if it is a short term deal as young players have the capacity to improve.

Red Lion

1. Artur Krysiak Goalkeeper Would keep, fear he's gone. Well managed Tizza
2. Danny Butterfield Defender He's let us down less than some, but release
3. Craig Woodman Defender Keep
4. Scot Bennett Defender Keep
5. Danny Coles Defender If he is under contract and we have to keep him, at least try and recoup some of our money (and keep him away from the first team), during pre-season training and on match days for the first and last 2 months of the season, Taggy should be leading him round on a rope on Exmouth beach, getting kids to pay to ride on him
6. Pat Baldwin Defender Keep
7. Liam Sercombe Midfielder He blows hot and cold, keep a tiny bit longer
8. Matt Oakley Midfielder Great player but don't think there's another season in him, release
10. Alan Gow Striker - Contract ends summer 2014. Loaned to Bristol Rovers Be lovely to keep him but not going to happen?
11. Arron Davies Midfielder - Contract ends summer 2014 Release
14. Elliot Richards - on loan from Bristol Rovers Keep
15. Jordan Moore-Taylor Defender Keep
16. Aaron Dawson Midfielder From what I remember, keep
18. Jamie Reid Striker Keep
19. John O'Flynn Striker - Contract ends summer 2014 release release release, his relentless misses could send us down
20. Tom Nichols Striker Keep
21. Jake Gosling Midfield Keep (and give a chance to him)
22. Jimmy Keohane Midfielder Keep (and FFS give a chance to him)
23. Jake Wannell No idea
24. Jacob Cane Midfielder No idea
25. Sam Parkin - Striker Started so promisingly, not sure what happened, Release, but need a target man option next season
26. Jordan Tillson No idea
29. Matt Grimes Midfield Keep
30. Christy Pym Keeper Keep but as our 2nd keeper
31. Elliott Chamberlain Striker - 1931 funded player No idea, be interested to know how the 1931 payers feel about the players Tizza has spunked their money on?
32. David Wheeler Keep
33. James Hamon - Keeper.No idea
35. Matt Gill Midfield. Keep

Last edited:

Pass Pass Pass Hoof

Yep good young player is Shaquile Coulthirst who is very highly regarded at Spurs and made his debut for their 1st team this season in Europe. One to watch in the future definitely. Having said that the Big Banks chant of 'Your just a s#&t Victor Moses, s#&t Victor Moses!' did make me laugh a lot!
How s##t must you be to be labelled a s##t Victor Moses!!!!

In all seriousness he looked like he had something!! Playing up front with their left winger, Cameron?? they at least they had some pace and an element of danger!!! Although a alot of that danger was created by Danny Butterfield who is without a doubt the slowest footballer I've ever seen. At one stage on Monday he had a 20 yard head start on their full back/winger chasing a ball down towards the away end/Flybe side and he got beaten to the ball by about 5 yards!!!! Awful!!

Compare Torquays front line against a front line of Nicholls [who has potential but is knackered by the way], Scott "no pace & I'm not a forward" Bennett [but played quite well] then John O'F##k with a midfield 20 yards behind them was negative and never the way to play. Only when Wheeler came on did we pose any threat to their back 4.... the key being pace and directness. No defender likes someone running straight at them with pace.

The embarrassment of taking John O'F##k off after half an hour was an admission that Tis got it wrong. The change, if necessary was Wheerler at half time and put Bennett, however out of position he may be up front. I actually felt a bit sorry for JOF even though he had done 2/3s of bugger all whilst on the pitch!!!!

Hope Saturday and into next season Wheelers given a chance and given 10-15 games starting every week to show us what he's got. If it doesnt work out then at least we cant complain he's not being played. I think however he will prove to most of us what we already know though!!!!

Dare I say it if he'd have played the last 10 games he'd have scored at least 1 of the 3 chances he created.

Red Monster

When Torquay go down , id like us to try and pinch a few , Bodin & Mansell would walk into our side as would Benyon.
Your Joking most Turks want rid of Benyon his scoring record is worst than our lot 38games 3 goals Bodin 28games 1 goal.

godisagrecian

1. Artur Krysiak Goalkeeper- Keep, but supposedly can't afford to keep him
2. Danny Butterfield Defender- Get rid, waste of time and probable large wage, doubt anyone will buy so will go on a free/release
3. Craig Woodman Defender- Keep
4. Scot Bennett Defender- Keep
5. Danny Coles Defender - contracted to end of season 2015? Release/Sell/New contract in food stalls
6. Pat Baldwin Defender Keep
7. Liam Sercombe Midfielder- Keep (Sell if the price is right)
8. Matt Oakley Midfielder- Will probably retire-offer coaching role if wage is low enough
10. Alan Gow Striker - Contract ends summer 2014. Loaned to Bristol Rovers Would like to keep but wages are unrealistic
11. Arron Davies Midfielder - Contract ends summer 2014 Release
14. Elliot Richards - on loan from Bristol Rovers Buy if we can get him on a free
15. Jordan Moore-Taylor Defender- Keep
16. Aaron Dawson Midfielder- Keep, looked good in U21 games, links well with Wheeler
18. Jamie Reid Striker- Release/Loan out with right wage contribution
19. John O'Flynn Striker - Contract ends summer 2014 Release
20. Tom Nichols Striker Keep
21. Jake Gosling Midfield Would like to keep but Tis won't play him enough, so release/sell
22. Jimmy Keohane Midfielder- Keep
23. Jake Wannell- Haven't seen enough, possibly keep as cover due to defender exits
24. Jacob Cane Midfielder- Release/Sell
25. Sam Parkin - Striker Release/Sell
26. Jordan Tillson- Looked out of depth in the U21s games, Sell/Release
29. Matt Grimes Midfield- Keep at all costs
30. Christy Pym Keeper- Looks out of depth in L2, keep but loan out
31. Elliott Chamberlain Striker - 1931 funded player Release/Sell
32. David Wheeler- Keep
33. James Hamon - Keeper.- Haven't seen enough to judge, with Krysiak's exit imminent, keep as backup
35. Matt Gill Midfield.- Keep to add experience to midfield, one year deal

On longer contracts
27. Matt Jay - striker. 2 years contract to summer 2016.-
Ollie Watkins
Connor Riley-Lowe
Jason Pope

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
May be reading too much into this but after Gosling scored on Sunday, Liam tweeted him:

"well done again mate, another goal son! Doing all you can"

Could that mean that Gosling has been told he may not get a new contract?

Last edited:

Langer

I would retain the services of all the Grounds people the surface looked great bank holiday well done :)
Not fussed if any of the playing staff stay or go wont make difference to ECFC I would of kept Gow but hes already gone in effect.