• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your not number one

Littlebreeder

No it was definitely "one nil and you still don't sing"

You're not number one definitely needs to end though, its way past its prime :)

ianaplincorners

all the people round me seemed to be laughing bout it
thats only because they had been allowed to stay up late!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like we should keep this particular one for away games. And anyone who doesn't like it, doesn't have to join in.
I find it slightly annoying when people moan about what others are singing. If you don't like the chant, just don't join in. If enough people felt it was crap, the chant would die and stop being sung.

The lads that create the atmosphere in the Big Bank can sing whatever they want (as long as it's not ridiculously offensive/racist etc) in my opinion, they do a good job in keeping the noise levels respectable.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's as maybe, BigBanker, but when I've been "home" I couldn't help noticing that while the same 3 or 4 chants get recycled by the "lads", whenever anyone tries to sing anything else they don't bother to join in - instead appearing to be somewhat aggrieved that anyone else can actually sing some songs.

That's what actually makes the away atmosphere often so good - there is a certain spontaneity involved which gets people keen to join in, such as some of the brilliant stuff we always got at Crawley about chavs and airports.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I quite enjoyed last night's "You're not number 1" was reasonable but there seems little point in continuing it. Sadly it's the only original chant I can think of ("We'll score again" I've heard from Blackburn fans and I'm pretty sure that Bristol will sing "Cider")

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
and as our goalkeeper is Number 27.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"We'll Score Again" was ours to begin with, so Blackburn (and I believe Aston Villa a few years back) can go shove it. Man United have a chant that sounds a lot like the "And will you please say hello..." section.

tisdale 1

Resigned
its had its day every now and again would be fun but everygame isnt.but great atmosphere last night.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually the ridiculous chant from last night was "F*** off Steward" which sounded remarkably like 'Stewart'. Telling your own players to f-off usually isn't the best way to motivate them.

MagzECFC

Actually the ridiculous chant from last night was "F*** off Steward" which sounded remarkably like 'Stewart'. Telling your own players to f-off usually isn't the best way to motivate them.
Exactly I thought they actually said Stewart, I was like WTF?
It would have easily been heard by him :S I know what i would think.