• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your favourite, obscure, City supporting moment

stuay

My favourite obscure moment was when van huesden gave me a pair of his gloves or when all the Swansea fans were chanting ball boy you can't handle it when I couldn't chuck a ball back only to receive a cheer when I finally did.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kellow jumping but knocking the ball on with his hand, free kick awarded, Kells picks up a clod of earth rubs it on his forehead and runs to the ref pointing at the muddy stain.
I meant to add this a few days back,but will today instead.

Kells, against Blackpool IIRC, tries to win a penalty/free kick deep in oppo territory, going down convincingly.

On the way back to the centre circle Kells then executes the identical routine, looking for all the world like he's been tripped.Except this time there's no-one within 30 yards and he's just demonstrating it to the Cowshed.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
August 14th 1976. Away to Argyle in the first leg of the Football League Cup. Standing behind the goal, and seeing young Tony Kellow volley an unstopable shot past Argyle keeper Tony Burns. That was his first for us, little did I know I was looking at a legend in the making.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I have two: -

1. FGR away in the FA Cup; BBC were covering it, so Lineker enters the away end (to get to the TV gantry) to much warm applause, followed by Ray Stubbs, again to much warm applause and clapping, then Lawrenson enters to a chorus of boos from the 900 or so City in attendance...............as he walks along the front, a young lad stood at the hoardings turns to Lawro's face and shouts "BOOOO!" really fking loudly right in his face. Lawro is taken aback, but gets aggressive and shouts "F*ck off you f*cking nob-head".

Quality!

2. York away about 5 years ago.....it's prematch and the lads are warming up in front of the away end; around 10 mins before kick-off a group of lads come sauntering into the away end from the pub to walk in front of where we were stood..........just as Flacky unleashes a f*cking pearler of a volley with his usual accuracy. As we were stood right behind it, we could see it unfolding as it bent about 12 foot in the air right towards the group of lads..........the lad at the back took the ball full in the side of the face.........his words, which I will never ever forget were:

"F*CKING......(pause)......HELLS BELLS!"

Then he collapsed.

After a couple of minutes, he got up, as did we (having been doubled-up laughing)........but about 5 minutes into the game he collapsed again and had to be looked at by paramedics. I'm pretty sure he was ok, from memory, as it was just the drink and probably a bit of concussion.

To this day though, it is still the funniest thing I have ever seen at a football match.

Last edited: