• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your Country or your Club ?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not even a contesty in my eyes. I am guessing that every English city fan wants both but as it is debate then personally for me England winning the world cup doesn't close.

I'm not patriotic at all and don't agree with who plays for England anyway so City for me everytime.

ronniej

I want both! [ecfc] [england]
so do i. born in Exeter and proud to support England.

MadJohn

Coaching a non-league football team in a Cornwall
Bloody hell, I'm surprised it even warrants consideration. I'm a Hartlepool United fan so my first hope is that we stay up. After that, if you gave me the choice of Exeter also staying up or England winning the World Cup, I'd pick Exeter without hesitation. Exeter is a good day out for the away supporter; the England national team is an irrelevance.

Grecian Max

F*ck England

Plastic fans, Premiersh*te players, playing in a different continent.

ECFC all the way. If we go down I couldn't watch the World Cup with any interest.

City til I Die

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Club first for me everytime...no doubts!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Who The F*ck are England?

F*ck England

Plastic fans, Premiersh*te players, playing in a different continent.

ECFC all the way. If we go down I couldn't watch the World Cup with any interest.

City til I Die
This tbf, not even a debate

Same here FBH. Brazil Brazil Brazil
Same for me too, except I will be saying Spain, Spain, Spain.

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
No Contest

City = Heart, Soul and Passion for a club that means so much to me - 'proper' football that can NEVER be matched by England, whatever the circumstances.

GG

Philecfc

When I asked a couple of City supporters what would they want, City to survive in League 1 this season or England to win the world cup they both said they would prefer England to win the world cup which surprised me.
For me this is a no brainer, it's club before country, am I unpatriotic, sad or have I got my priorities right ? [ecfc] :cool:[england]
City every time for a very selfish reason

I was lucky to be at Wembley 44 years ago with 99,999 others to see us win it and its been
great every since looking at peoples faces when they know that you were there. It is a memory that I will never forget and my home has a room with pictures ( which I purchased some from the club when they decorated upstairs) up to remind me. One of the greatest footballing days of my life.

After Torquay, Oxford, Old Trafford and Wembley 2nd time of course