• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Young Stanno scores

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay doesn't read Exeweb 'yet' so he won't feel any pressure. He absolutely loves it when he scores and plays well and it's great you all care so much to want to see how he is doing.X
Thanks Gig. It's good to hear he's doing well and I'm sure Adam would be very proud of him.

FAN-TATIC

Thanks Gig. It's good to hear he's doing well and I'm sure Adam would be very proud of him.
I am really pleased for Jay, but he is a person in his own right, not simply Adam's son.

I am sure that his mother and other senior members of his family will take care to ensure that Jay lives and just as importantly enjoys HIS life.

Good luck to you Jay, if you turn out to be the kind of the PERSON your dad was and only half the footballer that he was, you will be someone very special.

Last edited:

greenawayr

Jay doesn't read Exeweb 'yet'
And the longer you can keep it that way the better.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no pressure, nobody expects, it's just great to see. If we went on about every game in which he failed to score too then that will be a different matter, but I'm more than willing to monitor his progress from a distance and hope his development continues to thrive
Thanks Dave, I just started it to show recognition for scoring on his debut at that time and that it was a significant and proud moment and meant as a ray of light to City fans and not intent on following his CofE career week by week to put any pressure on him. 2 months between the 2 sets of postings would certainly prove that. Nice to see appreciation by a member of the family :)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Thanks Dave, I just started it to show recognition for scoring on his debut at that time and that it was a significant and proud moment and meant as a ray of light to City fans and not intent on following his CofE career week by week to put any pressure on him. 2 months between the 2 sets of postings would certainly prove that. Nice to see appreciation by a member of the family :)
No its a good thread mate, a positive thread. I don't look at it as a bad thing, I don't think a single exewebber would be stupid enough to start anything like "Jay's off-form" or something equally cretinous. They would be destroyed in seconds by furious answer posts!! I think people are happy to see him do well, and happy to give the boy all the support, while being sensible about things like pressure at the same time, all being said he is a 9yr old boy and no-one, even on here, will compare him, judge him or srcutinise him

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
good news well done jay

jase 07

No its a good thread mate, a positive thread. I don't look at it as a bad thing, I don't think a single exewebber would be stupid enough to start anything like "Jay's off-form" or something equally cretinous. They would be destroyed in seconds by furious answer posts!! I think people are happy to see him do well, and happy to give the boy all the support, while being sensible about things like pressure at the same time, all being said he is a 9yr old boy and no-one, even on here, will compare him, judge him or srcutinise him
I think you will find he is seven (maybe eight) but def not nine, all the more reason for your wise words of caution to be adhered to.

Andrea's mum

He is seven.

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Seven? Wow, he is doing well then playing above his age group. I don't honestly think exeweb or anyone will place any pressure on the boy (I hope I don't live to regret saying that), just be delighted to hear now and again how well is progressing.

You must be proud Gig and rightly so