• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Young Stanno scores

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dave, under 8's aren't allowed to play football at under 9's level as the FA have a rule that under 8's can't play competitive football, (not allowed to record their scores, win leagues or cups) while under 9's can.

Jay Stansfield was playing for Twyford last season.
You're right, he did. As he played with my workmates boy.

jase 07

Oh right, but the club had footage of him in the open evening scoring for the CofE, and it was a belter iirc. Maybe it was a taster game. Delighted that he is doing so well at the moment anyhow
He did have a taster game last year at the c&f against Torquay and he scored then as well, his Dad was there to see it and the smile on his face when Jay scored was a picture. He must of been so proud of him, it is a great shame he couldn't be there on Sunday as well but I am sure he was watching from up above and had a huge smile on his face again.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the match reports for the CofE at the weekend. Jay scored for Under 9's, as well as getting joint Man of The Match. They travelled to Oxford and despite losing 10-5, was nice to see Jay had scored and obviously impressed.

Well done Jay

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
as much as im delighted that young stanno is doing well...

i just find it a bit uncomfortable about there being a thread about a kid playing football , as much as i loved stanno im just not sure about this building the wrong way.

stuartsdog

Stanno Stanno Stanno Stanno

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster

i just find it a bit uncomfortable about there being a thread about a kid playing football , as much as i loved stanno im just not sure about this building the wrong way.
Creds, I see where you're coming from, and am in two minds myself. As a rule I wouldn't have added it, apart from the fact he was awarded MOTM as well, so thought I would share it with others who may be interested and might have missed it on the OS.

Grecian1966

Credy, was going to post the same myself but thought I may have been a lone voice. Really don't think it right to put so much pressure and expectation on the boy. Let him enjoy himself without the world looking over his shoulder.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stanno Stanno Stanno Stanno
You're my favourite "new" poster. Cant think why....:p

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
There's no pressure, nobody expects, it's just great to see. If we went on about every game in which he failed to score too then that will be a different matter, but I'm more than willing to monitor his progress from a distance and hope his development continues to thrive

Andrea's mum

Jay doesn't read Exeweb 'yet' so he won't feel any pressure. He absolutely loves it when he scores and plays well and it's great you all care so much to want to see how he is doing.X