• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You had one job ...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'd always bought into the "sound limiter" thing previously, but on visiting for the Morecambe match at the tail end of last season it had gone from being an irritant to being seriously unfit for purpose.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is ridiculous, and simply cannot believe this still isn't sorted out, how hard can it be ?, you cannot have circa 3,500 turning up to a major sporting event without proper Health and Safety stuff in place, it's not like it is a new issue ??, has anybody even seen some kind of statement from the Club on this in terms of what they are doing about it and when ?.....I don't like to be critical of our club but this is a shambles

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is ridiculous, and simply cannot believe this still isn't sorted out, how hard can it be ?, you cannot have circa 3,500 turning up to a major sporting event without proper Health and Safety stuff in place, it's not like it is a new issue ??, has anybody even seen some kind of statement from the Club on this in terms of what they are doing about it and when ?.....I don't like to be critical of our club but this is a shambles
We were led to believe this would be done during the summer and that there was money set aside to do so.

Avening Posse

We were led to believe this would be done during the summer and that there was money set aside to do so.
Well let's hope their plan was to get something in place before the actual league and cup games come around then, some form of statement from somebody within the club confirming this would nice, and would probably put this topic to bed. Failing on something like this is embarrassing, how many temporary events occur in this country whether they be music festivals or horseshows and the like, they never seem to fail on these things and these are one off events ?

STURTZ

........disgrace

PeteUSA

Who led you to believe the aforementioned? And where did the money that was "set aside" go?

mumbo

As one of the much maligned Trust reps on the Club Board I can assure you that there has been no need for us to DEMAND action ,as someone has suggested , because this has been discussed, at length, this year as various possible solutions have been tried.
We all know that they've failed, for various reasons, & so we're currently awaiting delivery of new equipment which it is hoped will be in place for the Barnet game.
Money has indeed been set aside, it has gone no where , it is in the bank awaiting the invoice.

Regarding Health & Safety, there is a separate system for use in an emergency which is operated by Mike in the Control Room.

Elaine

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As one of the much maligned Trust reps on the Club Board I can assure you that there has been no need for us to DEMAND action, as someone has suggested, because this has been discussed, at length, this year as various possible solutions have been tried.

We all know that they've failed, for various reasons, & so we're currently awaiting delivery of new equipment which it is hoped will be in place for the Barnet game.

Money has indeed been set aside, it has gone no where, it is in the bank awaiting the invoice.

Regarding Health & Safety, there is a separate system for use in an emergency which is operated by Mike in the Control Room.

Elaine
Brentford game, presumably?

abertom

as I posted last season as music seems to play fine why doesn't the club in the interim prerecord the routine sponsorship and other announcements that don't change.

malcolms

Don't bet on it....given the adherence to time scale, it could well be next April..... :)