• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You got a spare £50,000?

BuffaloWFC

##URL REMOVED##/

Admin with no assets; Not good...

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

www. theterras. co.uk

Just check our the Weymouth FC website.

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

If only you'd asked before we tarmaced the car park.

Doesn't look good unless you can find an investor amongst the bank holiday brigade. Maybe set up a toll, like the troll and the 3 billy goats gruff, for any caravans to get back as far as Dorchester.

Maybe time to let the boat sail and regroup.

Good luck nonetheless.

BuffaloWFC

What happened to Exeter when you went into admin?

This is all because Malcolm Curtis wants to build houses where our stadium is. Deliberately running us into the ground for his own profit...

Jim Shepherd

We were able to negotiate a CVA which paid back about 8p in the pound in the end. So £4.5m of debt was reduced to about £900,000 incl footba;; creditors. We avoided any points penalty but never really understood why.
We had, despite owing lots to local business, a fair amount of goodwill so were kept up and running by things like The Last Grandstand Appeal, the Trust which was fairly well developed by then,

We were, in all likelihood, going to be unable to pay most of the CVA.
Red or Dead? which had the aim of 1500 people raising £500 over 18 months got about £120k in the end.

We were saved, in our current format by 3 great FA Cup wins, ball 64 and Tony Cascarino.

BuffaloWFC

On top, they had a series of meetings with potential investors in a variety of locations around the country, with things looking encouraging on several occasions.

I'm not a religious man but I pray to God something materialises...

Jim Shepherd

How historic are your problems?

I have only read Floodlit Dreams but felt that was when things started getting out of hand, then when Harrison came in they got worse and Weymouth have never been able to recover.
First of all Hollins, then Tindall and now Hale have all seemed to have to start again with reduced budgets etc.

Last edited:

BuffaloWFC

Years of financial mismanagement since before I was born. Around the year when I was born we plummeted to two divisions below where we are now. Ian Ridley stepped up to the plate as chairman and instilled Steve Claridge as manager. He almost got us up to conference. A league in which we were the founding members. Then millionaire hotel tycoon Harrison came on the board. Ridley fell out with Harrison. Ridley resigned. Claridge sacked when he looked like getting us back where we belong. Harrison bank-rolled us to the conference. He ran up between £1.5-2.0M worth of debt. Which he cleared. Then Mel Bush came in as chairman and then packed it in a couple of months later. He claims he left the club with £100,000 bank balance. Then Curtis came along asset stripped the land, got a team of players that were too expensive (and too good) to sustain and drowned out all the revenue streams. This all from the man who claimed to be running the club as a business. Strangling us. Leaving the fans to pick up the pieces. Ridley came back with the current board and have done a brilliant job thus far. Now don’t even get me started on Stephen Beer, Gary Calder, and the rest of the cowboys & pirates that have been in and around our club. The gory details would take all night to write.

If we get a financial injection, which I f*cking well hope so, C*rtis will be crying. We owe him loans of £250,000 apparently. If we go into admin he won’t get anywhere near that. If we liquidate he definitely won’t get it. C*rtis’ company promised to build us a stadium in 4 years or they owe us £7,000,000. Now that was 2 years ago. If we can somehow last 2 more years, in whatever league I don’t really care, he owes us that. Now his grand plan was to liquidate us so he wasn’t planning on us surviving. He wants to build a ground; on a ex-waste disposal site, which is next to a nature reserve which is currently used by Weymouth rugby club. Good luck with that C*rtis. At the start I fell for all his smoke and mirrors but now I see right through him. If we get to that stage I want to see his face when we take him to the cleaners. Like he did with us.

That is the story for the recent years of Weymouth FC in its extreme simplest form, the true story is far deeper and bloodier that.

Floodlit dreams would be a mere posit note, if a new book was written…

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
We avoided any points penalty but never really understood why.
Because at the time entering administration or a CVA was not punishable by a points deduction.

Such a punishment was introduced into the Conference and Football League rules the following season, however that did not stop John Moules doing all he could to try to punish us (if memory serves we were then threatened with a 35 points deduction for fielding Dwayne Lee. He was apparently an ineligible player, but only due to an 'administrative error' at Conference HQ!!).

Moules came out with a classic quote concerning his attempts to deduct us points for entering a CVA: "We're working to the same time scale as the football league...we're just 12 months ahead!" or words of a similar nature.

LL

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because at the time entering administration or a CVA was not punishable by a points deduction.

Such a punishment was introduced into the Conference and Football League rules the following season, however that did not stop John Moules doing all he could to try to punish us (if memory serves we were then threatened with a 35 points deduction for fielding Dwayne Lee. He was apparently an ineligible player, but only due to an 'administrative error' at Conference HQ!!).

Moules came out with a classic quote concerning his attempts to deduct us points for entering a CVA: "We're working to the same time scale as the football league...we're just 12 months ahead!" or words of a similar nature.

LL
I've been looking all morning for the article with Moules' quote but cannot find it, so will for the time being retract my accusation.

However I have found these articles which show what we were up against:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-exeter-face-coming-storm-with-faith-hope-and-charity-580505.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-exeter-could-prove-test-case-for-games-rules-on-administration-569953.html

LL

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Judging by some of the comments appended to this article ASDA have mobilised all of their (West Dorset) Spin Machine!!! :(

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/localnews/4572695.Weymouth_FC_on_brink_of_collapse/

Good luck, Buffalo and all other REAL Terras